Panorama 2S frozen due to files on SDCard

singlespeed

Reaction score
Country
Australia
All was normal with my P2S last time drove the car, this morning it showed the Pano logo on the LCD then froze. No menus worked, couldn't use the power button to turn it off. Power cycling didn't work either, it just returns to the same frozen state. If I removed the SDCard the unit works as normal, pop the SDCard back in and it freezes.

I put the SDCard in Mac and discovered some strange executable files which I assume caused the device to choke.

Oy3Cse8.jpg

The SD Card is a Sandisk Ultra 32GB. I know Sandisk isn't well liked in the Roadhawk world, but is this common with the Pano?

I know Sandisk isn't well liked in the Roadhawk world, but is this common with the Pano?

Transcend, Samsung, Toshiba most reliable, however even they have some life limit.
My first Samsung 16gb memory card lasted 10 month 24/7 use and at the end I had exactly the sane issue like you.

Change to new memory card.

Hi, I test sandisk long time ago. So I informed do not use sandisk. This is memory controller issue. Thanks

Thanks @niko and @Sungmoon Jang, I figured it was the memory. I have on order a new 64GB Samsung card. I hope formatting the Sandisk is enough to get by until the Samsung arrives.

EDIT> It would be nice if one could still access the menus when the device is in this state to force a format of the SDCard.

Transcend, Samsung, Toshiba most reliable, however even they have some life limit.
My first Samsung 16gb memory card lasted 10 month 24/7 use and at the end I had exactly the sane issue like you.

Change to new memory card.
So Sandisk isn't recommended with the Panorama 2? I was hoping to use the32GB Sandisk card I have in my old dash cam, and pop it in the new PS2.

So Sandisk isn't recommended with the Panorama 2? I was hoping to use the32GB Sandisk card I have in my old dash cam, and pop it in the new PS2.

Not recommended, but it does work. If the camera freezes just format the card in your PC.

Not recommended, but it does work. If the camera freezes just format the card in your PC.
Not recommend means ,,Do not use strictly. Why use trouble make memory?
Dashcam used for sudden accident notice.
So please do not use sandisk on panorama product.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back