Panorama G suction cup no longer sticks

B Chiu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since a few days ago the suction cup that came with my cam isn't sticking in place anymore. Every morning I have to find it on the floor. I did clean the surface with alcohol to ensure it's clean but yet it falls off. Yesterday I was driving and all of a sudden the suction cup came loose the cam was dangling on my windshield.

I'm in San Mateo and the weather has been cold this week. Is there a operating temperature for the mount? I suspect it might be too cold to stick to the surface as it's been fine for the past 4 months or so.

Any clues? Thanks for any reply!

Did you add water? Is glass totally smooth? I'll send you a new one no problem.

I did. I actually used a smooth plastic disc made for suction cups instead of the glass because of the dotted tint on top of the windshield. As I said before I had no problem for like the past 4 months until a few days ago. I wonder if the cold weather was the cause.

I'm more than happy to get a replacement to try. Thank you Jon again for your quick reply!

Still laughing at the 'cold' in the Bay Area.

Guess you got it taken care of with a new mount.
Maybe it wasn't stuck on just right ? or..?

I have a big (heavy) 7 inch GPS which has a GREAT Suction cup mount, but occasionally falls with big temp swings.
My 'G' So far, mounted it at about 40f and has been from 40f - -15f and still holding strong.

Still laughing at the 'cold' in the Bay Area.

Guess you got it taken care of with a new mount.
Maybe it wasn't stuck on just right ? or..?

I have a big (heavy) 7 inch GPS which has a GREAT Suction cup mount, but occasionally falls with big temp swings.
My 'G' So far, mounted it at about 40f and has been from 40f - -15f and still holding strong.

I know! I'm a Bay Arean. Anything lower than 60 is too cold ;)

Anyway the new mount works great. It's been 5 days or so since I put it on and it's still gripping tight. Not sure why the old one doesn't hold.

Thank you Jon for sending me the new mount!

I got this a couple weeks ago and also am having suction cup problems with the swivel one. Its colder than normal here but my radar detector and gps suction cup mounts hold fine.

I got this a couple weeks ago and also am having suction cup problems with the swivel one. Its colder than normal here but my radar detector and gps suction cup mounts hold fine.

Hi, did you clean the window window?

Are you sucking against clear glass or black dotted area behind/above mirror?

I'm happy to send you a new one, please PM your order number/address.

The 3M adhessive mount is the way to go long term as well. (and is even shorter)
PANOG3M2 SHORT SWIVEL 3M ADHESIVE MOUNT FOR PANORAMA G

What is a recommended sticky disc to use if one wants to use the suction mount on the 'frit'?

Just smear some vase line on the edges of suction cup and it'll stick like a leech. ;)

Back