Panorama G video wobbles

votnet

Reaction score
I got a new Panorama G from Amazon (Pier28) and it seems to have some defect. When car is stopped, the video is some sort of wobbling. When moving this effect is not noticeable. This doesn't seem to be normal to me:

Also the audio is kind of quiet and sounds muffled. Is this normal for this dashcam or maybe it is another defect in the one I got?

Hi, Let's cover to basics first.

-Are you using the 3M Adhesive mount or Suction-Cup mount?
-Does your car have a big engine and vibrate much? (can you "fee" the engine when you hold the camera?)
-The Panorama 2, S, and G doesn't have the best microphone gain, this is normal. You can play back in VLC player and use the greater than 100% gain option.

I will PM you a new firmware to try as well.

Hi, Let's cover to basics first.

-Are you using the 3M Adhesive mount or Suction-Cup mount?
-Does your car have a big engine and vibrate much? (can you "fee" the engine when you hold the camera?)
-The Panorama 2, S, and G doesn't have the best microphone gain, this is normal. You can play back in VLC player and use the greater than 100% gain option.

I will PM you a new firmware to try as well.

Thanks Pier28. I'm using Suction-Cup mount, and my car is very quite and is not shaking (if that what you mean).

did you use the image stabilisation option on YouTube?

I'm not sure, but I don't think it is relevant. The video is wobbling when I play it in VLC player straight from the SD card.

If you look at the car hood - it wobbles with the entire picture, you can see that the hood is wobbling with the other cars, trees, etc. If this wobble was due to car shaking, the hood would not seem like shaking with other objects in unison.

I'm not sure, but I don't think it is relevant. The video is wobbling when I play it in VLC player straight from the SD card.

If you look at the car hood - it wobbles with the entire picture, you can see that the hood is wobbling with the other cars, trees, etc. If this wobble was due to car shaking, the hood would not seem like shaking with other objects in unison.

can only go off YouTube so have to ask the question, I think it's most likely just the mount though

I don't think it is the mount problem. The car is standing still, it is not shaking at all. Also mount seems to be pretty solid. Based on that video the car was supposed to be moving up and down violently :).

It's hard to say if it's rare CMOS sensor defect just yet. Try the firmware steps I sent in a private message. (Click in upper right of the forum here)

I think this problem depends on light conditions. This doesn't happen all the time, only during dusk when sun is just getting down (like in this video). During the daytime or nights I haven't noticed this issue. It could be the censor is constantly adjusting and causing the wobble.

I think I already spent too much time on this cam :). Maybe I'll skip this generation for now.
Thanks everyone for the help! I appreciate it.

Yeah, I wish I had more time for testing.
I appreciate everyone's help.

I am interested in this camera. This person's video wobbles too when the car is stopped. Anyone else experience this?

I am interested in this camera. This person's video wobbles too when the car is stopped. Anyone else experience this?

the wobble you see here is the YouTube image stabilisation option, it makes a mess of dashcam video, it's only intended for handheld video material

You can play back in VLC player and use the greater than 100% gain option.

I cant find this in vlc... can you point me in the right direction ?

Back