Panorama II date and time reset issue

codemaster

Reaction score
Country
Armenia
Hi,

I've been using Panorama II for a few months. Mostly satisfied with it, except the following issue which started to happen last 2-3 month: the date and time are being reset to 2014/01/16 00:00. I keep correcting the clock, but it resets after a day or two of car not being used/turned on. The firmware used is v1.12.02.

Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong and how this can be fixed?

Do you have GPS plugged in? If so be sure you set the correct time zone. The date and time is automatically set via GPS.

dpL9Ygdl.jpg

maiGxVkl.jpg

I don't have GPS module so nothing plugged in, but my local timezone is set in the settings.

I don't have GPS module so nothing plugged in, but my local timezone is set in the settings.

I'll dig in deeper with our engineering contacts to see how the RTC is saved & handled inside the Panorama.

If you come to the conclusion you have a defective clock, a work around might be getting a GPS so your date and time is auto-set perfectly every day.

http://roadcam.ecrater.com/p/20173306/roadcam-rcpano2sgps-gps-logger-sgm-1328-for
(I just updated our approved shipping countries & added Armenia)

Last edited:
Thanks, will consider getting GPS, but hopefully the issue can be resolved without that.

Do you know if the battery is used only for the RTC, because all the other settings are kept intact?

Tried to open and replace the battery, but it was soldered or tightly joined from above with the connector, so couldn't replace it. Seems only buying GPS is left as an option.

Tried to open and replace the battery, but it was soldered or tightly joined from above with the connector, so couldn't replace it. Seems only buying GPS is left as an option.

Ask mobile phones repair shop to change RTC battery. They have skills and tools to do this.

I'm having exactly the same issue, switching firmware didn't help. Just msg'ed shpkorea on ebay and waiting for a response.

Date/Timezone?!? I'd love +9.5h and +10.5h (for dst)! Please! Pretty please!

Edit: I had my offset wrong

Last edited:
Back