Panorama II won't turn on automatically anymore

Gearhead82

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Powerucc Panorama II, Mini 0801
Hi,

I have a Panorama II that I bought new in 2013. I'm having a problem with it now though. It won't turn on automatically when it receives 12v power anymore. I have it hardwired to my ACC switch. The camera will turn on only if I manually push the power button on top. I also think it's not saving the last video file anymore. Could the capacitor be bad? Is it worth trying to fix it?

Edit: I also tried updating the firmware and using a new SD card. None of that made any difference.

Probably need new supercaps.

I'm not aware of anyone DIY repairing these. It lasted 3 years eh?

It's need to unsolder older supercaps and solder new ones. Pretty straight forward job, nothing complicated. Just need to find compatible supercaps.

Last edited:
Panorama uses kamcap 5.5V 3.5F

Supercapacitor.jpg

You can also use CDA branded same specs supercaps:

2.7V7F ( single capacitor )

Last edited:
Panorama 2 Supercaps inside unit

Pano2 (13).jpg

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't notice the replies to this thread. I thought I had it set up to email me if there were any replies, but that didn't work.

I took the camera apart and I was going to attempt to change the capacitor. However, I accidentally melted part of the housing with the shaft of the soldering iron so I just decided to throw the camera away. It lasted almost 3 years. I decided to replace it with the Street Guardian SGZC12SS which seems to be the updated version of the same camera since it uses the same 12v power adapter that I already have hardwired. I just ordered it from Pier 28 on Amazon and I hope it works as well as the Panorama II did!

Back