Panorama S died due to bad power supply

Lielap

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Dash Cam
Prestigio RoadRunner 530, Powerucc Panorama II S
I noticed that my home surveillance Panorama S has died - is not powering up at all. It seems that power supply 22v-12v went bad and killed it. When I connect working Panorama camera in the faulty power supply, then dashcam powers up for a second and immediately powers off and goes into this loop forever.

Now, do you guys have any ideas which component of the camera could be damaged by such faulty power supply? The supercaps visually look OK and I can measure 5V output on its pins.

Have you tried to power up without memory card inserted?

Removing memory card does no help. Powering from 5v USB does not work either.

I have a few spare SGZC12SS and SGZC12SG V1 I can give a special discount on if you need a replacement. (Very similar) @niko can help too.

Can you explain in more details this:

When I connect working Panorama camera in the faulty power supply, then dashcam powers up for a second and immediately powers off and goes into this loop forever.

@"goes into thiks loop forever ?

Can you post video ?

Can you explain in more details this:
@"goes into thiks loop forever ?
Can you post video ?

Cannot afford the risk of damaging the second camera also.
The effect is like plugging in the power suply and then after 2 seconds removing it.

I have a few spare SGZC12SS and SGZC12SG V1 I can give a special discount on if you need a replacement. (Very similar) @niko can help too.
Thanks for the offer! But I would be interested in buying for cheap camera with broken LCD or sensor, since for my camera the sensor and LCD is most likely OK.

Cannot afford the risk of damaging the second camera also.
The effect is like plugging in the power suply and then after 2 seconds removing it.
As I understand you have two SGZC12SS, one with good and other with supposedly faulty power lead which causing an issue, right?

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

As I understand you have two SGZC12SS, one with good and other with supposedly faulty power lead which causing an issue, right?

Yes, the working one is Panorama G.

Yes, the working one is Panorama G.

If Panorama G has good power supply and SgZC12SS has supposedly faulty power supply then why you afraid testing SS with good power supply from Panorama G? They are sharing same power supply, direct 12V.

Back