Panorama S FIRMWARE UPDATE Request Thread (Do Not Flash New 2015 S Units with OLD 2014 firmware!)

Hello, just wondering if I can get some help with my Panorama II (S).

I bought it on Ebay back in May 2014, and never updated its firmware since (I think the current version is 1.12.04).

I find that the video is in poor quality (I can barely see the number plate of the car just in front), which I don't think was as bad when I first bought the unit. And I noticed lately that the unit tends to get very hot after a couple of hours(it wasn't like that before). I've been using a normal sized Transcend 64 GB card for over almost 2 years.

So my questions are:
1. Should I update the firmware for better quality videos, and if I should, which version do I need and where can I get it?
2. Should I try a different SD card to see if it solves the overheating issues?

Thanks very much for your help!

if it's the Korean domestic market version for 2014 you have we wouldn't have a compatible firmware unfortunately

lens focus could be off by the sounds of things

different memory card is unlikely to make any difference to the amount of heat it generates, memory cards are not red wine though (they don't get better with age) so after two years a new card might be a good idea before it fails and lets you down when you need it the most

Oh ok, thanks very much for your reply.

I'll try a new SD card and see if it generates less heat.

About lens focus, is it something I can correct?

you need to open it up to do it, little bit of mucking about but certainly possible, I think @niko may have posted some tear down photos on one of these a few years ago and might be able to point you in the right direction

Thanks once again.

I left a message on Niko's profile page, so hopefully he will help me out here.

I dont get profile notifications for some reason ( still Tapatalk or other bug ), but tagging with "@" is the best way.
I will try to find my post and share later on.

Whoa, thanks a lot for that. I'll check it out and see if it's something I can manage.

Thanks jokiin and niko!

Hello,
I have a panorama II S that I purchased on eBay in May 2014.
It currently has firmware "GLG300 1.12.04 2014-02-25 16:00".
I'm trying to upgrade from a 64gb card to a 256gb card but the camera seems to be having issues. I believe I need a newer firmware?

Hello,
I have a panorama II S that I purchased on eBay in May 2014.
It currently has firmware "GLG300 1.12.04 2014-02-25 16:00".
I'm trying to upgrade from a 64gb card to a 256gb card but the camera seems to be having issues. I believe I need a newer firmware?

Which retailer did you buy it from? (a few different versions out there)

I have the Panorama S purchased on Amazon from Road Cam. It still has original firmware GLG300 1.12.06 20140422 18:00. It has worked fine since new but I just wanted to see if there is an update for it. I see from this thread that there is and I would very much like to obtain it. How can I go about doing that?

I have the Panorama S purchased on Amazon from Road Cam. It still has original firmware GLG300 1.12.06 20140422 18:00. It has worked fine since new but I just wanted to see if there is an update for it. I see from this thread that there is and I would very much like to obtain it. How can I go about doing that?

I'll help you out. Check your private message inbox.

Thanks so much Street Guardian I am getting it downloaded now.

Can someone please share the 1.15.x version for me? My II/S's are still running 1-12-06-15Mbps. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi everyone...

I have a Panorama II bought in September 2013. Bought it on eBay from seller shpkorea (if I remember correctly they were the suggested seller at the time).

It's been a long time since I last used this camera. I switched to a couple of Mobius for my car and the wife's car and forgot all about my Panorama for a while. I just found it while rummaging through old stuff and would like to get it up and running again. It seems to be working fine, but it has firmware 1.12.06 (2014-04-21 21:00) on it and I'm guessing it's a little outdated.

Any help getting a link to the latest firmware for this model?

Thanks!

I wouldn't update it, there are some versions that are not compatible with some of the older batches. You're better off leaving it as is. (should be fine) You can send a message to shpkorea to ask if they can provide you anything that matches your serial number etc.

Hi everyone...

I have a Panorama II bought in September 2013. Bought it on eBay from seller shpkorea (if I remember correctly they were the suggested seller at the time).

It's been a long time since I last used this camera. I switched to a couple of Mobius for my car and the wife's car and forgot all about my Panorama for a while. I just found it while rummaging through old stuff and would like to get it up and running again. It seems to be working fine, but it has firmware 1.12.06 (2014-04-21 21:00) on it and I'm guessing it's a little outdated.

Any help getting a link to the latest firmware for this model?

Thanks!

that probably is the latest firmware for that version of the camera, they used an IMX122 sensor back then

Back