Panorama S won't turn on

Spazed

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got a Panorama S(+gps) from shpkorea. I used a 32gb sdhc card I formatted to FAT32. Everything seemed to go well on my test drive with the camera, video was clear and GPS coordinates were spot on.

However, I didn't want to use the 32gb card because I normally use that one in my camera. I bought an identical card only in 16gb size. I formatted it to FAT32 just as I had done before.

The problem is now my camera won't turn on. When I start up the car it flashes the "Panorama S" logo for a second and then goes dark. Blue LED on the front is solid, LED on the back goes back and forth between slow flashing blue and quick flashing red. If I hold the power button the device turns off, when turned back on it makes six quick beeps. If I take the card out it gives 3 quick beeps.

Happens with both cards, even after formatting again.

Thanks for any help!

I didn't the first time and now I can't get to the menus.

Check if you put gps antenna into gps port ot into AV port ?

Same result whether GPS unit is plugged in or not. I always put it into the middle hole.

Same result whether GPS unit is plugged in or not. I always put it into the middle hole.

Have you done any firmware update ?

No firmware update. I don't remember what it said the device said it was running when it was working.

No firmware update. I don't remember what it said the device said it was running when it was working.

Have you tried without SD card inserted into memory card slot ?

With the card out I get three quick beeps when the unit turns on. It's the same whether the GPS unit is plugged in or not.

With the card out I get three quick beeps when the unit turns on. It's the same whether the GPS unit is plugged in or not.

So, if card is IN, then after you power-up, the screen is black, but when SD card is out ,then after you turn on, - the LCD screen turns ON and you can operate the menu, right ?

Either way the screen flashes the logo and then goes dark and I can't do anything further on the device. The only difference is with the card in the device beeps 6 times when it turns on and with the card out there are only 3 beeps.

Have you tried the firmware update process? It can't hurt if you're not getting beyond a black screen even with no card in the camera.

Have you tried the firmware update process? It can't hurt if you're not getting beyond a black screen even with no card in the camera.

I support this idea. @Spazed, pleas try flash firmware and tell us if this helped ?

Hey mat
I didn't the first time and now I can't get to the menus.
e, I know NOTHING about all this stuff but I was told to not format in the unit - rather a PC. I did this (told by the seller to) and it worked for mine as the exact same problem happened to me

Hey mat

e, I know NOTHING about all this stuff but I was told to not format in the unit - rather a PC. I did this (told by the seller to) and it worked for mine as the exact same problem happened to me

I guess its might depend on memory card brand? Samsung and Transcend are what I have been using with no failure or errors. Some others might be fussy ( like Sandisk ), but its not always a rule.

Hey mate, I know NOTHING about all this stuff but I was told to not format in the unit - rather a PC. I did this (told by the seller to) and it worked for mine as the exact same problem happened to me
Just to clarify, for a brand new card it's best to format using a computer first. But you should always format the card again within the camera before you start recording.

Just to clarify, for a brand new card it's best to format using a computer first. But you should always format the card again within the camera before you start recording.

Probably double-formatting at the beginning is the best advice.

Thanks, that makes sense :)

Thanks, that makes sense :)

There is also a good formatting tool you will find from @jokiin signature "memory cards".

( .... the SD Card Association provides a freeSD Formatter 4.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXCprogram for Windows and Mac OS X for people who want to check or reformat cards. This optimises performance and protects the Secure Digital card's secure "Protected Area" )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
M II / S 4
Back