Panorama SGZC12SG stoped workink

Lone Star

Reaction score
Country
United States
Received my new Panorama G in the mail yesterday. Down loaded manual and set it up in the car and tried it in the driveway and everything was great. (awesome picture)
This morning went to two different stops and when I left the second stop it failed to start normally. The Street Guardian logo comes up when power is applied blue record indicator light comes on steady with blank screen. When I got home put the Transcend 45MB/s 300x 10SDHC 32GB card in the MacBookPro and got garbage for file names.
Need help, no idea what went wrong.

That's strange, hmmm. It's possible you have some type of odd one-off corrupted memory card. Do you have another SD card by chance you can test with to rule out the card vs camera? I've never had this report before. Are you powering the camera via the included cigarette lighter adapter? (and not microUSB service port on top) Does the camera turn on with no card inserted? (is it responsive going through the menu etc) Can you reformat the card in the camera if you get further?

Wow Fast Response thank you.
I do not have an other 32G card, will a 2 or 4G card work for a test?
I am using the cigarette lighter adapter, and have not tried to power up without the card in place. Will try that in a few minuets.
The menu is not available. Once the Street Guardian logo times out the only power on indication is the blue light by the Emergency Key.

The older 2GB/4GB cards are too slow, they need to be "Class 10" or faster in speed to keep up with Full HD video.

If the unit powers up with no card inserted, it's most likely a bad card. It you still can't work the menu with the card removed there is a problem with the camera.

Transcend 300x is good quality memory card. Try to format memory card inside Panorama G before starting recording.

W-K-M Thank You for the pointer in the right direction. It is the card that failed. I put a SanDisk 4GB SDHC in the camera and it started up.
Any suggestions as to how to get the 32GB card supplied with the system replaced.
With the Transcend card in the camera the menu does not become available, it just locks the hole camera up.

W-K-M Thank You for the pointer in the right direction. It is the card that failed. I put a SanDisk 4GB SDHC in the camera and it started up.
Any suggestions as to how to get the 32GB card supplied with the system replaced.
With the Transcend card in the camera the menu does not become available, it just locks the hole camera up.

Try to format 32Gb transcend in your computer first, this may help. And if after that you get "access" to Panorama G menu, then format it inside unit as well before starting recording.

Go into the camera settings menu (the format screen) At that point insert the 32GB card again and see if you can format it. Also make sure the small slider switch on the side of the memory card is not set to lock. You can also try to recover the SD memory card by formatting in your computer.

If we need to replace the card, PM me your order number and address. (or contact me directly using the business card included in the box) ~Jon

Tried to format the card in the camera menu and with the computer. There is nothing there. The card seams to have given up for some reason.
Will call you after the Holliday with order info.
Thanks for your help.

Interestingly I have just had 2 of these same cards apparently fail, not in this camera but another, they worked for about a week, then it could not read, write or format the card, popped my cheap no name 8gb card back in and it works fine. I'm going to try a Sandisk 32gb next.

Last edited:
What about the Transcend Premium (red & black) ones?
Are they no good either or just my bad luck with 2 duff ones?

Transcend is good if you bought it from a reputable dealer. I've been to China and you would be surprised at the number of fakes being shipped of all brands. (saw first hand at local shops there)

Thanks, it was from My Memory UK so I guess their trusted as a reputable reseller.

Thanks, it was from My Memory UK so I guess their trusted as a reputable reseller.

I had no problem with MyMemoryUK. Once they sent me 1pcs less from my bulk order, but it was sorted within 24h and missing one was sent out.
Although they do not have all memory cards in UK stock, many of them are shipped from other EU countries ( drop-shipping ). Overall I am happy with their service.

dashcam_corruptedFiles.jpg
That's strange, hmmm. It's possible you have some type of odd one-off corrupted memory card. Are you powering the camera via the included cigarette lighter adapter? (and not microUSB service port on top) Does the camera turn on with no card inserted? (is it responsive going through the menu etc) Can you reformat the card in the camera if you get further?

THANK YOU... for the advice.

I also experienced the same issue yesterday. I picked up my car from a dealer after servicing and found the unit unplugged. When I plugged it back in - nothing. Logo cam on/went off - all other lamps lit & steady. Unable to use MENU or ON/OFF.

After reading this thread, I looked further on the SDcard and found some corrupted files under EVENT:
Erased all the folders ( on my iMac ).
Powered up unit without the card - and it said 'INSERT CARD'
Powered off/inserted card - and reformatted.
All OK Now!

Thanks Again for the help/advice!

Back