Panorama X1 / Street Guardian SGZC12RC focus issue when hot, 5v via power bank...

-Pizdys-

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
better than yours....
Anyone has experience with "lens focus issue" when is hot (normal sunny day), on Panorama X1 / Street Guardian SGZC12RC?
also when camera is connected via "power bank" to USB micro (5V/2A) capacitors is not holding charge, so camera immediately switch off when USB power is cut, due to this latest video file is corrupted, is it normal?

out.php

morning (cold):

out.php

Last edited:
There is something strange with focus.
If running from external battery bank, try to stop ( pause ) recording before turning off ( unplugging ) from battery bank.

The video below by @niko indicates that X1 works reliably with a power bank, & that the capacitors are charged...

Last edited:
Looks like that one needs the hardware replacing.

It's not the generic one is it?

When I adjusted the focus of my X2 I've never actually put any thread lock on it yet and so far I've not noticed any focus drift yet on that one. I need to stick some nail polish on there but just haven't gotten around to it yet!

different firmware version on that one he used

Interesting. The X1 web pages at the websites of @niko & @Pier28 refer to support for external power banks. Is the latest firmware (& hopefully future versions) compatible with USB power banks?

that one @niko was using may even be a different hardware version, it was an early sample from memory

would have to check but functionally it should be working like the other models on this platform where the USB port won't provide full functionality

that one @niko was using may even be a different hardware version, it was an early sample from memory

would have to check but functionally it should be working like the other models on this platform where the USB port won't provide full functionality

This is disappointing news for me. If I cannot use a power bank to operate an X1 in parking mode, I may have to strike it from my shortlist of possible successors to my front facing Mobius.

something to check, I don't have one with me right now to see if it works in the current version, maybe @niko will have a chance to have a look before I will

something to check, I don't have one with me right now to see if it works in the current version, maybe @niko will have a chance to have a look before I will

I will double-check with current version by next week. My battery pack is not with me at the moment.

Thanks, Tuesday would be the earliest I could look at it, Monday is a public holiday and I don't have any at home, they're in the warehouse

thank guys,

basically this camera is very solid, "main unit" is really strong and has solid heat sink inside, I never seen something like this before- very solid car camera- propably nr1!
anyway, I seen on @niko review, is there a GPS module inside?

fs.jpg

does GPS really works? where shoud be GPS data stamp on the video?

[Niko's pictures]

insideepe.jpg

is it any chance to get firmware update for this camera? (my one is from Hiniko.com website)

currently I swap the lens from DOD SL460W to X1, (DOD is brighter) even if DOD aperture looks like F2.0 (smaller hole)?

and there is result:

2015060219.jpg

201506pmp.jpg

distance from "wall" is the same,
all lenses are calibrated to the same level distance from sensor (uBGA IMX322LQJ)

fsf.jpg

DOD LS460W LENS:

dsdwjw.jpg

the same DOD LS460W LENS (HOT weather):

dsmqm.jpg

the next step is: Vicovation Lens (currently is one of the best, and only this one has really good heat resistance + horizontal angle FOV is quite bigger)

results soon...

The very first post in X1 thread was from prototype model with built in gps module. Retail one has no gps module.
Aftermarket lens is test n try to find a proper solution but I see you have a good skills and can share some of your knowledege.

many thanks for prompt reply,
anyway is really good camera, just the lens module is quite sensitive...
but build quality is very impressive, also camera remote is small and can be hide very easily - this is a strong point!

pros:

+ Build quality
+ memory card 128GB working just fine!
+ impressive motion detection function with Pre-Rec feature (+4sec before movement appear)
+ small remote camera, with Sony IMX322 (real WDR)
+ two power supply options 12V and 5V,
+ it works very stable, e.g. disconnected remote camera can be connected again without restarting "main unit".
+ Built in Super Capacitor is Very safe and this camera should work forever (in theory) no risk for battery issues.
+ advanced automatic Exposure algorithm (Zoran Coach 12P)
+ remote camera is closer to windscreen which is good specially when windscreen is in bad condition (scrathed,chippin...) better quality recording at night and uder direct sunlight...
+ remote Camera can be mounted very high - which help avoid "overexposure car plate" due to bigger angle between our car light and camera lens (less light reflections from car plates),

explain below:

twocars.jpg

at night, any car colour and any light !!

direct car light:
(DOD LS460W Lens)
newbitnon.jpg

fhdfd.jpg

this is my first camera which allows read car plates under direct light at night time!!

cons:
- lens quality

may some people need GPS...but in my opinion this is no necessary,
(speed can be calculated by dividing distance/time... if something happen)

many thanks for help,
hope future firmware updates will be available!

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I have been thinking about this camera for awhile. Still not sure where to put the main unit, and length of video cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cables are 2M and 6M

Any chance of a 3m or 4m cable for people who would prefer to put the display unit adjacent to the gear lever? 2m is too short & 6m has too much slack to hide away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back