Panorama X1 / Street Guardian SGZC12RC focus issue when hot, 5v via power bank...

Any chance of a 3m or 4m cable for people who would prefer to put the display unit adjacent to the gear lever? 2m is too short & 6m has too much slack to hide away.

I have in stock 1.5m, 6m, and 25cm extension cables if needed.
Have tested all connected together: 25cm L-angle adapter + 1.5m extension + 6m cable +25cm L-angle adapter , total 8 metres. Works flawlessly.
Manufacturer has tested with to work it with 18 metre extension cable specially for trucks / bus.

Tests with external battery bank Anker E4 ( 13'000 mAh )

- Power up
- Start recording
- Normal recording
- Motion detection recording
- Saving last file

My 3rd test:
Last file can be saved when unit is powered by external battery bank and power is interrupted, but before using external battery bank, unit has to work from 12V input to fully charge capacitors.
In my video test I show how it can work in real life scenario.

NB! Do not use 12V and 5V power supply simultaneosly !

Last edited:
Test 4.
It's over 10 min long and maybe boring video, but for me it was very important to test what will happen if to use External 5V battery bank along with 12V, both live.
I didn't know the outcome and was ready to "sacrifice" my Panorama X1 prototype if something goes wrong in order to get answers, otherwise I could not go to sleep tonight :)
In this video I tested X1 prototype and later Street Guardian SGZC12RC.

Please note that test results are ONLY apply to Anker E4 external battery bank which has built in some "sophisticated" circuit switch and I can not guarantee how this set-up will work with other external battery banks.

this type of battery will have a circuit which turns it off once the device is charged, what happens in this case is the 12v is live so no draw on the 5v side so the battery will switch off after some time

it's important to note that these can't be powered all the time by 5v as the caps won't charge

the practical application of this though is that you can have it wired via a switched 12v circuit and be able to use a power bank to power the cam while the car is off and once you're back in the car the 12v takes over, the 12v is still needed to ensure the caps have sufficient charge for when being run on 5v, I also wouldn't try this with a cheap power bank that doesn't have the intelligent switching, some power banks don't switch off when no load

this type of battery will have a circuit which turns it off once the device is charged, what happens in this case is the 12v is live so no draw on the 5v side so the battery will switch off after some time

it's important to note that these can't be powered all the time by 5v as the caps won't charge

the practical application of this though is that you can have it wired via a switched 12v circuit and be able to use a power bank to power the cam while the car is off and once you're back in the car the 12v takes over, the 12v is still needed to ensure the caps have sufficient charge for when being run on 5v, I also wouldn't try this with a cheap power bank that doesn't have the intelligent switching, some power banks don't switch off when no load

Yeah, all this I "discovered" via test n try. Few more further videos uploading. Will share soon.

Few more further tests.

Back