niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
NB!
ANY DIY MAY VOID WARRANTY OF THE PRODUCT !
ACT ON YOUR OWN RISK !!!
....................................................................................

I decided to paint Panorama X2 into full black matte for more discrete installation.

Prepare tools for X2 disassembly

X2 (1).jpg

Dissembled

X2 (2).jpg

Remove printed logos. Talk gently to your wife / g-friend to lend you a nail polish remover :)

X2 (3).jpg

Nail polish remover does not damage original lacquer coating on X2. So, for those who wants only to remove logos ( and not full body repainting ), then you can use nail polish remover without any worry to damage original top coating ( lacquer ).

X2 (4).jpg

Use finest sandpaper to remove gloss from lacquer.
X2 (5).jpg

6. Use primer and black matte spray paint. Give time to dry between coats.
At least 1 coat of primer and 2 coats of black matte paint.
X2 (6).jpg

Ready body details.
X2 (7).jpg

Panorama X2 Full Black Matte Assembled.
X2 (8).jpg

Installed in car. ( look from inside )
X2 (9).jpg

Installed in car ( look from outside ). Nicely blends in with rearview mirror. Fully "hidden" behind mirror using THIS DIY bracket set-up.

X2 (10).jpg

Last edited:
Nice, good job Niko [emoji481]

Nice, good job Niko [emoji481]
Thanks. I hope at some stage Full Black Matte version will be in factory production for western matket. I am sure it will boost more interest to X2, because western market need more discrete approach for dashcams.
If not, then I am ready to "open" my in-house custom "re-painting" of X2 for those who want slightly more stealth feeling . [emoji3]

Thanks. I hope at some stage Full Black Matte version will be in factory production for western matket. I am sure it will boost more interest to X2, because western market need more discrete approach for dashcams.
If not, then I am ready to "open" my in-house custom "re-painting" of X2 for those who want slightly more stealth feeling . [emoji3]

Yeah Black Matte is must.
In-house good idea ;)

Last edited:
Pretty nice job! I'm thinking seriously about to follow your idea. I'm just worry about the disassembly process. Is There a kind of disassembly tutorial?

Thanks

It will void your X2 warranty, so you may want to find an alternative. It isn't especially hard to take apart or put back together though. I've just bought some matte black vinyl wrap and plan to do a thread on how it goes

Last edited:
Nice job, but I don't think I'll risk it on my $750 investment just yet.

Thank you all. That is the question: my $600 overseas investment. I'll consider the black Matt vinyl for a while.

Hi all,

Is there any tutorial for how to disassembly front camera and refocus it?

Thanks

why not use that plastidip stuff they spray on entire cars --- it just peels off when you are done with it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
why not use that plastidip stuff they spray on entire cars --- it just peels off when you are done with it ?

I was using plasti-dip for long time on many dashcam DIY-projects, but It has its own pros and cons when using on dashcams and especially on tiny pieces, so now I prefer standard paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

thanks Niko, it is wonderful. How can i remove the lens holder/cap the plastic part near lens, just pulling is enough? :)

No pulling !
Best if you first talk to the seller to discuss about your issue and if its OK for you to do DIY focus adjustment, because for me as being also a reseller it is not appropriate to give an "advice" without getting a permission from that reseller in order to avoid misunderstanding. If permission is granted and your accept DIY related risks, then I am ready to share next step.
P.S. - I am not trying to be rude, just following some procedure steps. Hope for understanding !

No pulling !
Best if you first talk to the seller to discuss about your issue and if its OK for you to do DIY focus adjustment, because for me as being also a reseller it is not appropriate to give an "advice" without getting a permission from that reseller in order to avoid misunderstanding. If permission is granted and your accept DIY related risks, then I am ready to share next step.
P.S. - I am not trying to be rude, just following some procedure steps. Hope for understanding !
Come on it is not being rude :) I did as you said, I asked the seller, and waiting an answer from him.. probably he would ask me to ship it back and he will send me a new one/refocus it. I was wondering about refocussing issue to not waste time via shipping around 1 month. Best regards :)

Back