Panorama X2. How to connect at home?

This was recommended in the other X2 thread:

Enercell™ 12V/10A Solderless Vehicle Adapter Plug
$4.99 and in stock at your local Radio Shack
eBay as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/161425415373
xq2wYoz.png

Seems easy enough, no need to break out the soldering iron. I'll give it a try for a more solid connection.

If someone is really averse to hard wiring, they can just get a standard 12V lighter plug from Radio Shack and attach that to the power cable. This one is only $5.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3806057

Wire both ACC and BAT to the tip and black to ground and it should work, but without parking mode as Pier28 mentioned. If the car has constant 12V at the lighter socket, then you could potentially still have recording while parked, but it will waste storage by recording non-movement and possibly drain the battery if you leave it on for too long.

KuoH

@Pier28 ,

if you think these are worth putting together, i will certainly purchase a made up one from you to have in the home to do firmware updates, etc.

@Pier28 ,

if you think these are worth putting together, i will certainly purchase a made up one from you to have in the home to do firmware updates, etc.

I can't find any lower cost 12V power supplies I trust yet, and it would be a very small group of people that buy one for home testing or home security use. I'm pretty sure this will remain in DIY land but we'll see.

I use the Jetstream JTPS45 as I posted awhile back. It's not cheap, buy very high quality and I can vary the voltage with a knob to simulate parking mode. The Enercell in my last post won't help (doesn't convert any voltage) at home unless you have a high quality 12V cigarette power source. The low cost AC to DC 12V cigarette adapter you see on ebay/amazon don't work, I've tried several. We could bypass the cigarette shape all together but I wanted something I can test with both home and in the car.

but for the x2 you need three leads, so where do you connect the three leads if using this product? clearly im missing something.:oops:

but for the x2 you need three leads, so where do you connect the three leads if using this product? clearly im missing something.:oops:

You connect both ACC and BAT+ to the (RED), and the Ground to the Ground(BLACK).

To "simulate" parking mode, you can remove the ACC wire.

A person buying this plug for every day use would be someone that doesn't care about Parking Mode. (Driving Only)

Best to hard wire of course.

Last edited:
You connect both ACC and BAT+ to the (RED), and the Ground to the Ground(BLACK).

To "simulate" parking mode, you can remove the ACC wire.
Of course one could glue a miniature toggle switch to the adaptor that switches power on and off to the ACC wire to enable both drive and parking modes.

im speaking strictly to use this cable in the house with a 12V power supply to do firmware updates, etc. i would wire up the until in the car the proper way.

I haven't been researching much yet since I'm using the jetstream here via cigarette plug for testing.

I'm sure someone will post something on a good reasonably priced 12V power supply you can wire into a spare X2 plug.

I requested more X2 wires to be shipped with my next shipment. (To sell as an accessory for special needs such as this).

You're going to make me go out and get one of those suckers @Pier28 ...:oops:

Does The Blackvue Power Magic Pro work fine with X2?

I just Bench tested X2 with Power Control set to OFF and MotoPark PANOBDP added.

MotoPark PANOBDP has 5 wires
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...charge-prevention-device-ms-multi-safer.4603/

Simulated Fusebox side:
1) Red ACC (connected to bench + power #1)
2) Yellow BAT (connected to bench + power #2
3) Ground (connected to bench - ground)

Camera side: (only 2 of the 3 X2 wires here)
4) White (connected to X2 Yellow BAT)
5) Black (connected to X2 Black Ground)

Connect X2 3rd wire (Red ACC) to bench + power #1 shared with 1) above

A) power up, confirm MotoPark is blinking normal
B) Remove both red wires from bench power #1
C) Confirm X2 goes into Parking Mode.
D) Turn knob on JetStream bench power to lower voltage until MotoPark cuts off
E) X2 gracefully shuts down every time.
cleardot.gif

Other add-on battery discharge prevention systems should be the same

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: I miss read what this thread was about.

Last edited:
My friend have a mains PSU witch i think is meant for powering a elektric cooler for camping, it have a cigarettte output to connect the cooler.

I'm a noob when it comes to doing stuff like this - I have no idea what to do. I've put speakers on my surround sound receiver for my home theater, but this is more complicated than that for me. The manual says have a qualified electrician install it so I think I'll just do that if there's not an adapater pre-made that I can just buy.

C5iCqc3.jpg

That DIY cigarette power i sent you is not a good long term solution. You won't get parking mode. It's more for a temp rental or quick test install. You could use it long term but again no parking mode since you combine yellow and red into +.

Twist the flexible rubber boot counter clockwise 90 degrees hard and remove.

Press in on that hole under the + Symbol with a sharp tool/pen.

It's spring loaded and will release/open teeth to insert both yellow and red wires into. (Out the bottom hole the removed boot exposes)

The black cable you'll need to cut and strip yourself first.

Thank you. I'm assuming the black one goes in the - after I strip it?

Because I use a car adapter and it's ignition switched, having parking mode disabled wont drain my car battery right? I have it disabled in the panorama g and it hasn't killed my car.

Back