PanoramaII install with shortend wire

robocop1912

Reaction score
Country
United States
I plan the tap into an unused fuse block for a " accessory on" wire to my headliner,and route it to the center headliner near my rear view mirror with quality proper sized wires so I can have the guts of the supplied charger inside a empty sunglass compartment the headliner that is empty..
Thge guts og the charger plug will be their.
Can I just take the fused wired and spilce a nearby ground wire to the wires in the cord leading to the Panorammii

Has anything in the charger conditioning the power or does it just feed it directly to the socket unchanged?
This will allow the power wire to poke under my headliner directly where it is needed

OR can I just run fused wires from empty fuseblock slots, an directy connect it to the wire and save a lot of hassle?
MY kung-fu with wiring is undefeatable! l
TLDR:
doea curcuit boad in the suppied jack and wire do andthing to modulute n=or clean the source to the camera?>
could a wellmade custom cable with proper fuse protection work?

I believe the included car charger is doing nothing to the current and just feeding the car's 12V directly to the camera. But this is just from theory, I haven't actually tried to connect the camera directly to the car's wiring without the charger.

In any case, just be sure to use a voltmeter to make sure the wire you're tapping into has the correct voltage. Just use the voltmeter to measure the voltage coming out of the charger and then compare it to the voltage coming out of the live wire with no charger.

If you actually go ahead and try it out, please let us know if it works...

I plan the tap into an unused fuse block for a " accessory on" wire to my headliner,and route it to the center headliner near my rear view mirror with quality proper sized wires so I can have the guts of the supplied charger inside a empty sunglass compartment the headliner that is empty..
Thge guts og the charger plug will be their.
Can I just take the fused wired and spilce a nearby ground wire to the wires in the cord leading to the Panorammii

Has anything in the charger conditioning the power or does it just feed it directly to the socket unchanged?
This will allow the power wire to poke under my headliner directly where it is needed

OR can I just run fused wires from empty fuseblock slots, an directy connect it to the wire and save a lot of hassle?
MY kung-fu with wiring is undefeatable! l
TLDR:
doea curcuit boad in the suppied jack and wire do andthing to modulute n=or clean the source to the camera?>
could a wellmade custom cable with proper fuse protection work?

You have double-post ( I have replayed there ):

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/panoramaii-install-with-shortend-wire.4247/

Please try to keep ONLY ONE POST !, in order to not create confusion.

Thanks.

Back