Papago Lora/381 Firmware Update issue

Dylon

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello All,

Today I picked up a new Papago Lora/381 from Bestbuy. I previously was using the gosafe200, however, the tilt-able lens caught my attention and convinced me to exchange it for the newer 381/lora.

I soon came to find myself having an issue with updating the firmware on my Papago Lora. The current firmware on the device is " 20141211V101". On the device website http://us.papagoinc.com/products/gosafe-381-lora/#tab-id-3 , the new firmware advertised is "20150206 (V1.12)" which was released on march 19 2015.

I followed the instructions and loaded the firmware onto the SD card. After downloading and extracting the file, i found two files "FWGS381A.bin & .DS_Store". I noticed that in the instructions, it mentioned to rename the file “FWGS150A.bin” if it was not done so already. I renamed the file and loaded it into the SD card. I found that the device did not recognize the new file name " FWGS150A.bin”.

I then re-tried using the original names from the download "FWGS381A.bin". This time it did recognize the file as it took a few minutes to boot up. Once it booted up, the settings were returned to default so i knew it was recognized and updated...

However.. I checked the "version" and it was still on the same version from when I first opened it up "20141211V101". I then went and double checked my work and believe i found what may have caused it to load the same firmware.

The firmware ZIP file that I downloaded from the Papago Website was named "GOSAFE 381_US_FW_20141211V101_20141217". As you can see, the downloaded firmware is the current firmware that the device had from when I first purchased it.

I believe the issue here is that the wrong / old firmware is being provided in the download link on Papago's website.

PAPAGO - Please provide us with the newest firmware and advise your team to update the file being provided on your website.

Thank you,

Dylon

Hello All,

Today I picked up a new Papago Lora/381 from Bestbuy. I previously was using the gosafe200, however, the tilt-able lens caught my attention and convinced me to exchange it for the newer 381/lora.

I soon came to find myself having an issue with updating the firmware on my Papago Lora. The current firmware on the device is " 20141211V101". On the device website http://us.papagoinc.com/products/gosafe-381-lora/#tab-id-3 , the new firmware advertised is "20150206 (V1.12)" which was released on march 19 2015.

I followed the instructions and loaded the firmware onto the SD card. After downloading and extracting the file, i found two files "FWGS381A.bin & .DS_Store". I noticed that in the instructions, it mentioned to rename the file “FWGS150A.bin” if it was not done so already. I renamed the file and loaded it into the SD card. I found that the device did not recognize the new file name " FWGS150A.bin”.

I then re-tried using the original names from the download "FWGS381A.bin". This time it did recognize the file as it took a few minutes to boot up. Once it booted up, the settings were returned to default so i knew it was recognized and updated...

However.. I checked the "version" and it was still on the same version from when I first opened it up "20141211V101". I then went and double checked my work and believe i found what may have caused it to load the same firmware.

The firmware ZIP file that I downloaded from the Papago Website was named "GOSAFE 381_US_FW_20141211V101_20141217". As you can see, the downloaded firmware is the current firmware that the device had from when I first purchased it.

I believe the issue here is that the wrong / old firmware is being provided in the download link on Papago's website.

PAPAGO - Please provide us with the newest firmware and advise your team to update the file being provided on your website.

Thank you,

Dylon
Hello Dylon,
I tested out the firmware and it is working fine the instructions were incorrect. I have fixed everything and I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention. I hope you enjoy your new dashcam and please let us know if you have any issues or questions.

Kind Regards,
PAPAGO!

Thank you Papago,

Would you be able to tell me what changes / improvements have been made in the new firmware upgrade?

Hello Dylon,
I tested out the firmware and it is working fine the instructions were incorrect. I have fixed everything and I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention. I hope you enjoy your new dashcam and please let us know if you have any issues or questions.

Kind Regards,
PAPAGO!
See above ^

are you aware the GPL source code links are dead?

Hello. The code links are dead on our site? Can you give me more information so that I can try to fix this?

Hello. The code links are dead on our site? Can you give me more information so that I can try to fix this?
Hello,

I looked into what you are talking about and I see that the FTP site is not offering the codes as the doc states. We are looking into this further but may need some time as I must send it to Taiwan.

Back