Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Papago WiFI.jpg

papago-press-2013-06.jpg

Papago GOSAFE Wi-Fi

Wireless Driving Recorder!

This compact driving recorder allows Wi-Fi connection to smartphones' cloud servers for your convenience.

• Full HD 1080p 30FPS recording
  • SONY Exmor Low Luminance Image Sensor
  • Live with WiFi Connection
  • Support Wireless security camera function
  • Change setting via QR code
  • iOS and Android App compatible
  • Control by your smart phone with WiFi connection
  • Large Lens Aperture: F1.9

pic7.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Specifications

Image sensorSony 2.4 mega pixel CMOS sensor
Video Resolution1080p 30FPS(.ts, AVC/H.264)
Video FromatJPEG
Memory StorageClass 10 Micro SD Card
(Support up to 32GB)
LensF#1.9, 136° wide angle
G-SensorYes, 3-axis
WirelessIEEE 802.11b/g/n
TV OutHDMI 1.3
PC InterfaceUSB 2.0
Power Supply12-24 car charger
5V/1A device
Storage Temperature-20°C ~ 70°C
Operation Temperature0°C ~ 65°C
Dimension (mm)58 x 30 x 42
Weight58g

Available from:

- eBay for 244usd

- from Amazon 270usd
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IHFIVXS
More info and videos and pictures:

- YouTube videos

- Mobile01

- Papago.co.za

- u-car.com.tw

- GoSafe Smartphone App

not as odd looking as some of their old models, change of direction for them is good to see

From what I see ( specs / hardware / design ), - this is kinda what western market needs and can be pretty competitive to other big-names on the market.
In has been introduced on Computex 2013/06/06 and already available for some time on Taiwanese market, but I dont understand why Papago don't try to push this model more actively to the Global market. Timing is always crucial when launching / releasing a new product in order to "reserve" place on the market.
If they will delay with Global sales, then it will be too late later on.

Maybe dumb question but why would you need wifi in a dash cam?

Click links at the bottom of my first post for more explenations of functions ;)

To wirelessly connect to the camera for live view, downloading files and changing settings

Ah ok, just wondered that's all :)

People post the obvious, downloading files, live view, changing settings etc.
But it has so much more potential. With proper dev support and setup, you basically turn a dash cam into a mass storage unit. For example, initially you have a 32gb card lets say. That fills up quick. Using a wifi source, you could potentially have a bigger drive in the car stored. You now can save unlimited storage.

Also, having a dual backup is always safer. Lets say you get in an accident and lets say the camera is toast with the card. Darn. Oh wait! The file was backed up on the second storage! Same goes if someone steals the device, you have a backup of them stealing it!

It can be supplement to other cams. Kind of off topic but lets say a camera does not have g shock, if you add wireless abilities you could allow your phone to give the camera GPS, g shock, etc

People post the obvious, downloading files, live view, changing settings etc.
But it has so much more potential. With proper dev support and setup, you basically turn a dash cam into a mass storage unit. For example, initially you have a 32gb card lets say. That fills up quick. Using a wifi source, you could potentially have a bigger drive in the car stored. You now can save unlimited storage.

Also, having a dual backup is always safer. Lets say you get in an accident and lets say the camera is toast with the card. Darn. Oh wait! The file was backed up on the second storage! Same goes if someone steals the device, you have a backup of them stealing it!

It can be supplement to other cams. Kind of off topic but lets say a camera does not have g shock, if you add wireless abilities you could allow your phone to give the camera GPS, g shock, etc

Maybe there is potential for cloud storage so your backup storage is away from the vehicle ;)

Maybe there is potential for cloud storage so your backup storage is away from the vehicle ;)
I have thought about that,
but sadly I cannot think of any solid solution as cloud storage (here in canada anyways) would cost too much.

Lets say a 5 minute video is 500mb. A mobile plan for 500mb as about $70. A data only plan for 1 gb is $20.
Clearly, 1 gb is not enough. You can get about 15gb for $100. That is a bit better, but at $100 a month I am not sure it is a viable solution.

Even if you only send your locked videos to the cloud, that can add up. Personally, I would like to upload all videos to the cloud but there is no viable solution data wise I can think of.

If used for accident only use, then the cloud would work. But beyond that, data cost too much here in Canada.

Box design and name is copy from GoPro, Seriously who choose name GoSafe? It is like Safe box name.
Price is way too expensive.

Just updating latest prices I saw from other websites:

On Taobao ( sort of Chinese eBay ) price is 270usd
On Taiwan kinda "eBay" price is 230usd

Back