PARK Folder in SD Card Innovv K2

Louisloong

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, EVerything was OK. Had the videos folder in the SD card. I turned on PARK mode to see what it would do.
It was recording randomly and so I decided to turn it off.
Now every time I view my SD card, There is a PARK folder and a VIDEO folder.
Some footages stayed in the VIDEO folder but most of them stored in the PARK folder.
Reformatted SD card. Checked setting but PARK folder still exists.
This is the Innovv K2.
Also, I get crackling noise from the microphone. I suspect Mic is embedded in the DVR rather than in the lens.
Maybe I should pad the DVR with some sponge.
Any help?
Thanks.

Update, problem solved after much self-testing.
To get rid of the PARK folder, I did a system reset via the app and set it up again. PARK folder is gone.
To get rid of the crackling noise from the microphone, I placed the DVR tightly between 2 layers of sponges.
Suspect crackling noise was due to the DVR unit bouncing under the seat and mic is embedded within the DVR.
All good now.

Just dont pad the unit too hard, it do have a little heat it have to get rid off, though i also think on a motorcycle thats more easy than in a car.

Not true, PARK folder still exist even after doing a factory reset with Park mode turned OFF.
Any help?
Thanks.

Just fitted the K2 and I have the same issue. Nearly half the video files were in "Park" folder and the Rest in "Video". This morning I updated the firmware to .36 and a new folder has been added called "Locked". Now the video files are in "Video" and Locked". I think the camera senses some of these clips as 'accidents' and locks the files accordingly. I would like to disable that function but I don't know how!

I assume you have the G sensor on, so bumps when driving will go into the park / event folder, you can try a lower G- sensor sensitivity or disable it all together.

Many thanks for that. Just been out and had a look in settings and turned the G-Sensor off. Don't know how I missed it before.

Yes no need to use G-sensor, unless you have a really small memory card and can tweak the sensitivity good to prevent false event recordings from potholes or driving style.
but if you have a good size memory card ( i recommend at least 128 Gb for 2 channel systems ) then you have to drive for a really long time after a event for it to be overwritten in the end after the memory card fill up.

I would use G-sensor but for parking guard only, no need to use it while driving, cuz if you have a event and it is minor you can always make sure that footage are safe, and if you have a major event, people should turn off the power of your motorcycle / car, and so the camera should not record for hours after the event and so overwrite the event.

I have personally notified my family ( little sister / nephew and nieces ) to go retrieve memory cards from my car in the case i get in a major event and cant do that myself.

To be honest i dont get why motorcycle cameras dont have their G.sensor to only react if the mororcycle are on its side and probably sliding along on the ground.
That would remove the chance of false recordings while driving regularly, and make sure things get locked down in case of a major event where you really need it.

So i would code the camera to if / > 45 degrees tilt in any direction then save to event folder, maybe larger if you race on the track where motorcycles go under a 45 degree lean, but for road use in general i think 45 degrees will be fine.

Maybe have the trigger angle selectable between 45 degrees and 90

This is my first venture into cameras in vehicles so it is a large learning curve for me. What appears to be a good idea in theory, and looks good in advertising, sometimes is not so clever in practice - and this is probably one of them.

I tried the parking alarm for a while until I realised it should only be enabled when parked. Every time I nudged the bike while moving around it in the garage the camera powered up!

I like the idea of the angle of lean trigger. A practical solution.

You are in the right place then, and with your MC cam you can take some things from the car cameras and apply it to your MC camera.
And loads of people come in here to get or give advise, i can just do general stuff for the K2 as i dont own it or a stamp in my license to drive a motorcycle.
Myself i have never used parking mode, but i will be giving it a try soon, but it is rare i park in a place where i would feel parking mode would be nice to have / do.

Back