Parking Camera Recording Starts (cable not connected)

ERCAN

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I have a garmin dash cam 56 cam. Camera OBD-II Port is not connected. Only the car cigarette lighter is connected and when the car stops, the power is cut off to the camera.

When I connect to the camera and look at the gallery, I see 10-second videos recorded at night. How does he make these recordings? I hit the windshield with the camera turned off to try, but the recording does not start with the G sensor due to vibration. I wonder if there is a motion detector sensor, I moved in front of the camera, but the recording did not start again.

I couldn't detect how this camera records when parked. Anyone know about this?

DC56 detects motion in the image in addition to accelerometer. DC57 uses accelerometer only.

thank you for the answer. Does it have a sensitivity setting? I get in front of the car, I wave, but it doesn't register. I punch the windshield but it still won't register.

I look at the videos, for example, it was recorded at 3:00 at night, but neither a car passes in front of it, nor is there a blow. I never know on what basis it started recording.

thank you for the answer. Does it have a sensitivity setting? I get in front of the car, I wave, but it doesn't register. I punch the windshield but it still won't register.

I look at the videos, for example, it was recorded at 3:00 at night, but neither a car passes in front of it, nor is there a blow. I never know on what basis it started recording.
Does this dash cam have voice commands recognition?
Could it be triggered by audio?

yes there is voice command, but the door is closed and the car is empty. No sound.

I am confused. How is the camera powered? You said no OBD and no cigarette plug...

I am confused. How is the camera powered? You said no OBD and no cigarette plug...
It's not connected via OBD, I don't have the parking record cable. The camera is connected to the car via USB. But when I lock the car, all the power goes out. I'm looking at the camera recordings, sometimes there are 10 second recordings. For example, at 2 am, then 2.20, then 3.15, then 4.25. I watch the videos, there is neither movement nor a blow.

If your camera records, the USB port must be on. There is no other way. The built in battery will only last for 15-20 minutes max.

Back