Parking Guard Timelapse only records for 5 minutes? [SOLVED]

Warren Chrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
camera - mini 0801s
car - vauxhall corsa d sri, 2011
hardwired - yes

Camera records fine when I'm driving, goes into ACC mode for 1 minute when I turn off the ignition and then enters timelapsing mode, takes 1 picture every second but only does it for about 5 minutes then stops?

Also, when the car is locked and i unlock it with the key fob, the camera comes on inside the car and starts recording and doesn't stop unless i turn on the ignition and turn it off again, so if i popped into my car to get something then locked it again it would record forever (until either it turned off at XX volts to battery or until the battery died)

What's causing these 2 issues?

The always on you have hardwired into may be timed and shut down after 5 minutes.

What kind of hardwire kit are you using ? 2 wire or 3 wire.

The always on you have hardwired into may be timed and shut down after 5 minutes.

What kind of hardwire kit are you using ? 2 wire or 3 wire.

I'm using a 3 wire. What kind of fuse can I expect to be on permanently?

To be honest i dont really know, when i have been digging around in my fuse box i have just used a little multimeter to see what is on when.
But i dont think my little Suzuki Splash have such advanced things like timer circuits, but maybe that's cuz i am only tied into fuses that come live with the engine, i have yet to use parking guard myself.
But i have a sneaky feeling that will change soon with new test samples sent to me.

If you can measure on your fuses i would leave the car off but with the door open so you can get to the fuse box, then after 10 minutes go and measure and see what fuses are live at that time.

I am taped into the entertainment circuit and cigarette lighter circuit for the power grid in my glove box ( 3 X 12 V sockets and 2 USB chargers with a total of 9 USB outputs most of them 2.4 A )
I am also tapped into the seat warmer circuit for the 12 V expansion in my boot ( same 3 X 12 V as i have in the glove box )

But as i said all those are on ACC circuits, but i did have one hell of a problem finding one of those in my fusebox as most seemed to be always on.

To be honest i dont really know, when i have been digging around in my fuse box i have just used a little multimeter to see what is on when.
But i dont think my little Suzuki Splash have such advanced things like timer circuits, but maybe that's cuz i am only tied into fuses that come live with the engine, i have yet to use parking guard myself.
But i have a sneaky feeling that will change soon with new test samples sent to me.

If you can measure on your fuses i would leave the car off but with the door open so you can get to the fuse box, then after 10 minutes go and measure and see what fuses are live at that time.

I am taped into the entertainment circuit and cigarette lighter circuit for the power grid in my glove box ( 3 X 12 V sockets and 2 USB chargers with a total of 9 USB outputs most of them 2.4 A )
I am also tapped into the seat warmer circuit for the 12 V expansion in my boot ( same 3 X 12 V as i have in the glove box )

But as i said all those are on ACC circuits, but i did have one hell of a problem finding one of those in my fusebox as most seemed to be always on.

I'll do as you suggested and leave the car for a bit and test the fuses then, see which are live still.

Would my camera work with parking guard with a 2 lead hardwire kit? or does it need the 3 lead one to work

I think it do need a 3 wire kit to function,
But as i said i have zero experience with this parking stuff, i did try it on my lukas back in the day, but if you turned it on it automatic went into parking mode either by no GPS location change or what i am more inclined to thing no G-sensor movement.
So i just stopped my car with parking turned on ( motor still running ), and after 5 minutes of just sitting there the camera changed to parking mode.
But that's also the one and only time i tried it, much like using G-sensor when driving i quickly abandoned that if favor of just recording all the time and remembering events i want to save.

Wow that does sound annoying, can't imagine what traffic or making pickups was like haha!

I'll soldier on for as long as I possibly can, if I don't get anywhere I'll have to give Halfords or someone else a shout, see if they can get a real professional to fit it for me.

Otherwise, it's a new camera for me! What's the best MINI series camera right now?

The mini 0906 ( dual channel ) seem to be at a good price compared to what you get for the money, i was really sad when my pre-production sample died otherwise it would still have been in my car.

But let me try and highlight @Rayman.Chan he is the face of MEG that make the mini series, maybe he have some input on the parking woes of yours.

Will look into that, thanks.

Otherwise, I have fixed my issue! Might make a video of my set up to help others with any issues hard wiring something similar, as there aren't nearly enough of them around.

The 0801 are the oldie of the mini bunch, but it must have been revamped at some time.
I also did some testing with the 0806 back in the day and it worked fine too, i still have it lying in a box as a backup camera, though i dont think it will ever be needed with the test samples and so on people so kindly send for me to beat on.
The 0906 have the IMX 291 in the front camera and the IMX 323 in the rear unit, both sensors that's about the best there is for dashcam use.
I think it are on the UK Amazon under a few names, but as far as i know its all the same made by MEG and then some one buy a lot and have their own name stamped on it.

Back