Parking hardwire kit - how does it control recording mode?

sowiq

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello everyone,

do you know what is the rule behind switching between recording / parking mode in the hardware kit? I was wondering whether it is some USB signal or rather e.g. just lower voltage.

I was thinking about using simple power bank as power source, but since it's 5V (not 12V), I won't be able to use the hardware kit. So I was thinking about a way to emulate its behavior.

Does anyone have a chance to check that?

Hi @kevin666,
Thank you for your reply. I’m aware of the static 5v. What I’m interested in is how does the camera know to switch into parking mode. Does it receive some signal on USB data line, or is it controlled by lower voltage supplied by the kit? It somehow has to receive the information.

Do you know what is the rule behind that?

What I’m interested in is how does the camera know to switch into parking mode. Does it receive some signal on USB data line, or is it controlled by lower voltage supplied by the kit?
Hi
The parking signal is just a voltage of about 3.0 volts; it is applied to pin #4 of the dash connector when the ignition is turned off.
@Rayman.Chan brought the control circuit (if you connect from the power bank), but this is also true for power supply from any 5 volt power source
Mini 0906 parking guard and Celllink b
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0906-parking-guard-and-celllink-b.31581/post-377042

Last edited:
Back