Parking Mode? 24/7 power to cigaret lighters. Which cars?

Nimbus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I can't imagine that any modern car that would allow constant power to a cigaret lighter. For a start I think it would represent a fire risk and would consider it bad engineering. I've had 70's and 80's model cars that supplied full time power to the lighter. What cars have this feature these days?

Unless I'm seriously missing something in the manual, (It's happened before) you can't use parking mode and have the keys out of the ignition at the same time unless you hard wire it, which I intend to do. I will use the fuse supplied in the adaptor and hook it up to the cigaret line after it's fuse. Lukas appears to complete ignore the fact that a lot if not the majority of cars don't supply constant power to the lighter, (I maybe wrong) so if your not handy with electrics and you can't afford an auto electrician, then you can't use this feature

Re: Parking Mode? 24/7 power to cigaret lighters. Which cars

in Australia not too many cars have permanent power to the lighter socket, in other countries it's very common

I have the lk 530 12v battery. In one car it is hardwired. In the 3 other cars they are just plugged into de lighter. Depending on the bettery size you choose and how often do you drive, it usually last enough. It charges while you are driving and then uses the reserve power of the battery while the car is off.

Mine usually last all the time i am parked in public places and in my house it doesnt last overnight but iff I parked at 9pm it will last untill 6am...

Btw the fuse that comes with the lk 530 several were DOA. Good thing they sell the same fuses in radioshack

My 2011 Chevrolet equinox had live power to my rear cigarette socket.

My Ford Mondeo 2003

2012 Prius has switched power to dash 12V outlet and constant power to console 12V outlet.

Toyota Corolla 1.3 Does not have it

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 4

My new Kia doesn't but my 2006 volvo had the rear power outlet perminantly powered.

Some Audis have permanent power on all their outlets. But usually those cars have a battery manager too which makes sure that the battery is not drained so much that you cannot start anymore. But when the battery power goes down certain things will be deactivated, e.g. keyless go, automatic trunk door etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Power Devices 0
Back