Parking mode and Phev battery options

wwp8

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I have bought a pre facelift Outlander PHEV
I am considering getting the DOD RC500s and maybe with the DP4 hardwire kit
My dilemma, is as my journeys are short, usually 30mins twice a day, I am concerned that it will drain the battery, understandably the DP4 can protect it from drain, I do not know how long I can use the parking mode for, usually parked for over 8 hrs at a time

My original plan was something like a Cellink B, but I think my short journeys will not be about to charge it full in time.
My second plan was to use a Power bank, and create some sort of switch to take the power away from the car when driving and onto the power bank when parking (not needing a DP4) but there are concerns how long the power bank can run the camera and also concerns of a fire hazard.
My 3rd plan was to use a solar charger/power bank and leave it on the dash, however there are concerns that on fire hazard on power bank, and there there are also concerns when there are no parking mode at night for a solo solar charger.
My last option, which I just thought of now, was the camera hard wired with the DP4 kit and have some sort of solar trickle charger for the 12v battery, options are to alter the cigarette connector to be always on and connect it through that.

Are any of these options feasible? or are there better ideas?

You have a 12 kWh 300 V lithium-ion battery in the vehicle, you just need a high voltage hardwire kit to connect to it and it will record for 10 months at a time!

I think the 12kw is the one I cannot access. So the fuse box and the cigarette socket uses the traditional 12v car battery in the engine

Back