Parking mode - Auto detection issue

Sergiosmvc

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi guys

When i try to set parking mode to auto detection fhe camera randomly stops recording. Sometimes it records for 1 day then stops, sometimes stops recording for 1 hour.
On the other modes its working correctly and it never stops recording.

I have tried several firmware version beta and not beta and after change firmware i always set camera to defaults and push the reset for 5 seconds.

I tried to change the sdcard and the problem remains.

Any sugestion?

Thanks in advance.

When in Parking mode the length of time spent recording is very much dependent on the state of your battery and your cut off point set on your HW kit.

Can you elaborate a little more? In Auto Event Detection, the camera isn’t supposed to be recording all the time. It’s only supposed to record when motion is sensed. Are you saying it’s not recording at all, when you know there has been plenty of motion in front of the camera?

Can you elaborate a little more? In Auto Event Detection, the camera isn’t supposed to be recording all the time. It’s only supposed to record when motion is sensed. Are you saying it’s not recording at all, when you know there has been plenty of motion in front of the camera?
When in parking mode the dashcamera is still on. The lens is on seeing all, when it detects motion it turns on the record function and writes to the sdcard. Being on consumes power. The viofo power cable includes a cutoff function -which is user set to cease power to at a certain voltage level 11.8 to 12.4 volts- if there was no cut off and you left the car long enough then the battery would run flat and who wouldn't be able to start the car.
If you go on a long journey and fully charge the battery you can expect the parking mode to work for a few days. If you only go on short journeys the car battery will be depleted and parking mode will not last as long before the cutoff cuts in.
Try checking the cutoff setting and if you lower it -does the parking mode run longer?
FYI The latest beta FW has parking mode timer function of 30min or 1hr.

When in Parking mode the length of time spent recording is very much dependent on the state of your battery and your cut off point set on your HW kit.

Isn't about battery or cut off point because when i check the camera it is on without recording anything for entire night.

yes. the car is parked sometimes it records for entire day/night when are movement and sometimes doesn't record at all. but the camera remains powered on, If the problem was car battery or cutoff point, the camera should turn off.

yes. the car is parked sometimes it records for entire day/night when are movement and sometimes doesn't record at all. but the camera remains powered on, If the problem was car battery or cutoff point, the camera should turn off.
Motion Detection isn't the most reliable. Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity?

When in parking mode the dashcamera is still on. The lens is on seeing all, when it detects motion it turns on the record function and writes to the sdcard. Being on consumes power. The viofo power cable includes a cutoff function -which is user set to cease power to at a certain voltage level 11.8 to 12.4 volts- if there was no cut off and you left the car long enough then the battery would run flat and who wouldn't be able to start the car.
If you go on a long journey and fully charge the battery you can expect the parking mode to work for a few days. If you only go on short journeys the car battery will be depleted and parking mode will not last as long before the cutoff cuts in.
Try checking the cutoff setting and if you lower it -does the parking mode run longer?
FYI The latest beta FW has parking mode timer function of 30min or 1hr.
Beta parking mode timer goes up to 24 hours.

But mine remains on... without recording anything...

Any sugestion?

From the version 1.8 on both cameras that i can't get the parking buffering mode reliable.

V1.8? Have you tried the latest official V1.9? I believe there is a new V2.3 beta as well.

V1.8? Have you tried the latest official V1.9? I believe there is a new V2.3 beta as well.

i think the 1.8 was the first firmware suporting buffered parking mode.

Yes i've tested 1.9 but not that 2.3 beta.

Can you share the link?

Thanks

i think the 1.8 was the first firmware suporting buffered parking mode.

Yes i've tested 1.9 but not that 2.3 beta.

Can you share the link?

Thanks

Hi guys

When i try to set parking mode to auto detection fhe camera randomly stops recording. Sometimes it records for 1 day then stops, sometimes stops recording for 1 hour.
On the other modes its working correctly and it never stops recording.

I have tried several firmware version beta and not beta and after change firmware i always set camera to defaults and push the reset for 5 seconds.

I tried to change the sdcard and the problem remains.

Any sugestion?

Thanks in advance.

Enabling Motion Detection can cause the camera to record lots of useless things... I would always recommend using low bitrate recording. Live video capture at lesser quality, and a guarantee not to miss an event. Motion Detection may miss something or fail to caption all the action leading up to the event.

What SD card are you using? Have you had any other erratic symptoms (freezing, missing / corrupted videos,) etc or are your problems only occurring in motion detection?

Do you have the camera hardwired to a good fuse or are you using a battery back? Selecting an improper fuse can cause strange behavior. I had mine tied to the 12V socket originally and couldn't figure out why the camera kept turning itself on. Apparently, the 12V socket on my vehicle was tied to the folding mirrors / alarm system (not stated in car's manual). So when I locked the car, it caused the camera to turn itself on.

Back