Parking mode based on stationary time

gamesfrager

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just saw the Venture E1 dash camera review https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/vantrue-e1-unboxing-initial-testing.47359/ and in there, it mentions that parking mode is triggered when the car doesn't move for 5 minutes.
I think this is a brilliant idea. And considering that VIOFO cameras have GPS in them; it shouldn't be hard -in theory- to implement it in the software.

This will allow anyone to take advantage of the parking mode with simply using the USB cable.

Any possibility to include that in the near future?

I just saw the Venture E1 dash camera review https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/vantrue-e1-unboxing-initial-testing.47359/ and in there, it mentions that parking mode is triggered when the car doesn't move for 5 minutes.
I think this is a brilliant idea. And considering that VIOFO cameras have GPS in them; it shouldn't be hard -in theory- to implement it in the software.

This will allow anyone to take advantage of the parking mode with simply using the USB cable.

Any possibility to include that in the near future?

It uses GPS and the G-sensor, Viofo cameras have had it a few years now. Need to hardwire (2 wire kit) or have an always on 12V socket.

It uses GPS and the G-sensor, Viofo cameras have had it a few years now. Need to hardwire (2 wire kit) or have an always on 12V socket.
Yes, I have a battery pack that is connected to a switched 12v socket and it provides power when not charging. This would eliminate so many wiring.

Yes, I have a battery pack that is connected to a switched 12v socket and it provides power when not charging. This would eliminate so many wiring.
Have you tried it with your Viofo dashcam?

If it is not working, sometimes the battery pack can disable it, maybe try a different USB battery...

Have you tried it with your Viofo dashcam?

If it is not working, sometimes the battery pack can disable it, maybe try a different USB battery...
Oh yes, it's working. The ACC is connected to a switched fuse and the permanent power source is connected to the battery pack. And the battery pack is also connected to a switched fuse to charge itself.

However, the space I have in the glove box is very limited and I have another project that I want to put in there.
So, by eliminating the hard-wiring wires; that would give me much needed space and simplifies connections.
It was not fun hunting for switched fuses.

Back