Parking Mode Beta Firmware

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
According to user feedback, we did some change for parking mode. We'd like to hear your feedback for new solution.
The new firmware support 2 wires and 3 wire with ACC hardwire kits.

There is 3 options under parking mode:

1. Auto Event Detection(almost same as motion detection): When a moving objects is detected while parking, a video is recorded for 60 seconds.
2. Time Lapse Recording(1fps, 5fps, 10fps): Keep recording in time lapse mode
3. Low Bitrate Recording: Keep recording in low bitrate recording.

How to enter and exit parking mode:

1. With 2 wires hardwire kit: Enter the parking mode after 90s no motion, exit the parking mode while there is a G-sensor detection or average GPS speed is >8KM/H.
2. With 3 wires ACC hardwire kit: Enter and Exit by ACC signal detection.

Firmware updated(1119)
Updated V1.5 firmware for public testing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k5DMnX2jVM-ZZzhyZ-ThJmC4BwQUR1Xo
  • Added: New parking mode solution, support VIOFO 2 wires and 3 wires ACC hardwire kit.
  • Added: 2fps, 3fps options for time lapse parking mode
  • Added: Support show SSID, Car License number, Customize Text on APP.
  • Added: Support rear camera mirror
  • Added: Time zone option: -2:30
  • Updated: Support take a video snapshot while lock the video by remote control
  • Updated: Wake up the screen first while press the Menu / Rec / Mic / Video Source switch button in screen save mode;
  • Updated: Date format YY/MM/DD changed to YY – MM – DD
  • Updated: Enter parking mode duration 90s changed to 5mins while use 2 wires hardwire cable

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firmware updated(0927):
1. Fixed not exit parking mode while GPS speed is over 8KM/H
2. Low bit-rate recording mode changed to 4Mb/s to save more space.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VU2fhqN9asauA6m_xz1h2HP-CRPblVWQ
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firmware download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jGB1XE39zhWk-oU-k4IWOtYqNCXYrfu9

Last edited:
I understand that power consumption for any mode is less the same? I cannot check it myself, unfortunately.
The car's accu is limited, and the power banks are usually quite small.

What does a "motion detection" means technically? When does cam think of an object as "moving object"? Example tree's leaf or rat on the street - I presume that, such occurrences activate cam?
Going to test firmware, for now without a wire.

What does a "motion detection" means technically? When does cam think of an object as "moving object"? Example tree's leaf or rat on the street - I presume that, such occurrences activate cam?

Correct.

You can also test it with normal hardwire kit or even with a power bank.
Motion detection is a software antilogarithm, normally even there is a obvious light change it maybe detected as motion, so not only detect moving object.

I will check if the power consumption is same for different options.

Reactions: Mtz
"There is 3 options under parking mode:" ...
It's excellent news !

To be followed by classical methodology it woild be useful to add option-4:
4. Time Lapse Recording + Auto Event Detection.

And optional possibility to display huge speedometer while driving wil be a great bonus.

1. Maybe is better to record the parking videos at 15FPS, because right now it is not a big difference compared to Motion Detect. Right now the difference from Motion Detect is that recording can be triggered also by speed or G-Sensor.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe is better to record the parking videos at 15FPS
Suppose, the universal solution is to enter any parking parameters by menu (FPS in parking and time lapse modes, motion detection sensitivity, delay time, etc).

Checked out the low-bitrate mode. Bitrate is 5 Mbit/s, equates to 121MB for a 3 minute file. Roughly 24 hours on a 128GB card, nice!

5 Mbit appears to be enough for a static scene, can't really tell if it's recording in low-bitrate mode or at normal bitrate.

View attachment 41700

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1win6mBLjj9MTcLOcofqEMq2Khoy1UcFe
Previous firmware it use to beep with the 3 wire hardwire cable when changing modes. Now the beep is gone but the screen switches on briefly. For use without the 3 wire kit itmwould be nice if the led turned green.

Low bitrate is the best of the parking modes. With the cell link neo and a 128gb card you'll get continous parking guard for the whole daynwith sound. Thats outstanding

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Reactions: M83
Previous firmware it use to beep with the 3 wire hardwire cable when changing modes. Now the beep is gone but the screen switches on briefly. For use without the 3 wire kit itmwould be nice if the led turned green.

Low bitrate is the best of the parking modes. With the cell link neo and a 128gb card you'll get continous parking guard for the whole daynwith sound. Thats outstanding

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I remember it beeping and the screen turning on after 90 seconds. Don't really care about the LED colour as I would have exited the car and left before the 90 seconds are up. IMO the screen should stay off when switching to low-bitrate mode.

Okey, firmware has been tested by me. It works okey, 5MBit is even too much I think, but it is matter of personal taste.
One of the most important things in parking mode is power consumption. If it is too big per hour then it will slowly kill accu, and if temperature goes down in a winter, then you may not start the car. But that is to be understandable, nothing can be done about that. It is just hardware.

I tested it with my powerbank 12000 mAh, which in reality has about 8000 mAh. It lasts for about 9-10 hours.

"no motion" - by G-sensor, GPS, or motion in cameras ?
1. любой птиц летит мимо камера, камера включился. но уже после того, как птиц мимо пролетел.
smile3.gif

2. сосед ударил молотком по твой капот, камера включился. дырка в капоте есть, сосед на видео нет.
smile3.gif

3. эвакуатор утянул твой машин, камера включился, и пишет, и пишет, и пишет...
smile3.gif

выше перечисленный нет = no motion detected.

"G-sensor detection or average GPS speed is >8KM/H."
I mean ENTER the parking mode, not EXIT.
----
"1. With 2 wires hardwire kit: Enter (by G-sensor, GPS, or motion in cameras ?) the parking mode after 90s no motion, exit the parking mode while there is a G-sensor detection or average GPS speed is >8KM/H."

I mean ENTER the parking mode, not EXIT.
----
"1. With 2 wires hardwire kit: Enter (by G-sensor, GPS, or motion in cameras ?) the parking mode after 90s no motion, exit the parking mode while there is a G-sensor detection or average GPS speed is >8KM/H."

Must be relying on G-sensor and GPS.

Must be relying on G-sensor and GPS.
and visual detection. if someone walks in front of the car even 50ft away the camera will record the movement.

1. любой птиц летит мимо камера, камера включился. но уже после того, как птиц мимо пролетел.
smile3.gif

2. сосед ударил молотком по твой капот, камера включился. дырка в капоте есть, сосед на видео нет.
smile3.gif

3. эвакуатор утянул твой машин, камера включился, и пишет, и пишет, и пишет...
smile3.gif

выше перечисленный нет = no motion detected.
Для ваших случаев приличные разработчики используют 10-15 seconds motion detector prebuffer, куда "сосед, птиц, эвакуатор" и попадают. Как в Datakam G5 или ThinkWare.
Неумеющие реализовать пребуфер поступают попроще: continuous timelaps/lowBR record entered in normal record by motion detect.
А совесем простые реализуют только раздельные опции: LBR, or timelaps, or motion detect.

Last edited:
Для ваших случаев приличные разработчики используют 10-15 seconds motion detector prebuffer, куда "сосед, птиц, эвакуатор" и попадают. Как в Datakam G5 или ThinkWare.
Неумеющие реализовать пребуфер поступают попроще: continuous timelaps/lowBR record entered in normal record by motion detect.
А совесем простые реализуют только раздельные опции: LBR, or timelaps, or motion detect.
prebuffer, конечно, нужная и полезная вещь, никто не спорит. только в этом случае камера будет всё время писать и вытирать свой же устаревший prebuffer одновременно, ведь встроенной памяти для prebuffer у камеры нет. .

and visual detection. if someone walks in front of the car even 50ft away the camera will record the movement.

Don't know about 50 ft away, most probably not but motion-detection anyway applies to only the first option, "1. Auto Event Detection(almost same as motion detection): When a moving objects is detected while parking, a video is recorded for 60 seconds."

Time-lapse and Low-Bitrate will kick in automatically after 90 seconds. Camera is already recording in normal mode or time-lapse/low-bitrate mode, question of motion or motion-detection doesn't apply.

Back