Parking Mode Beta Firmware

What about Parking Mode time-lapse to normal recording, 3 seconds?
Yes, the time lapse recording end at 1:47:44, normal recording start at 1:47:47

Attachments

• normal start.png
    normal start.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • time lapse end.png
    time lapse end.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 38

22:09:49 - Car turned off
22:09:54 - Parking Mode starts, gap of 5 seconds
22:14:53 - Car turned on
22:14:59 - Normal recording starts, gap of 6 seconds

22:49:57 - Car turned off
22:50:02 - Parking Mode starts, gap of 5 seconds
23:03:36 - Car turned on
23:04:05 - Normal recording starts, gap of 29 seconds

Camera is rebooting on exiting Parking Mode. Why 29 instead of yesterday's 24, because yesterday I had boot-delay off and today it was set to 5 seconds. Heard the chime and subsequently saw the boot screen, heard it yesterday as well but thought it was from the A119.

@viofo Question is, why is it rebooting?

Last edited:
Anyone find the g sensor not sensitive enough on medium but way to sensitive on high?

Also does the g sensor automatically change to high when parking mode is activated?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

My camera used to reboot after leaving parking mode, or give several loud beeps, but I was using a 2 wire hard wire kit, I suggest your acc wire is not connected properly? mine would sometimes stay in timelaps mode for the full trip... even driving.
Think its ok now I have the correct 3 wire kit, cam screen never comes on even when I start the car, I press the first button on the left to double check its recording though as that brings the screen on for 3 mins.

Question is, why is it rebooting?
Try another card.
Maybe you have some testing HK3 and not the official release?

Question is, why is it rebooting?
Try another card.
Maybe you have some testing HK3 and not the official release?

Nothing wrong with the card. HK3 I bought after release.

So at the moment i have the screen saver off as i use the GPS speed sometimes,

When it enters parking mode, will the screen stay on? can we set the screen saver to turn off the screen when in parking mode?

My screen stays on, very annoying have to set mine to 3 mins. Thought it would turn off after ignition was off. Using 3 wire kit and 5fps parking mode.

Anyone find the g sensor not sensitive enough on medium but way to sensitive on high?

Also does the g sensor automatically change to high when parking mode is activated?

From what I can tell its not active at all when the cars in parking mode. I tried smacking the camera moving it and it will just record normal files no RO.

That's something they need to look at.

Would it be possible to have the car icon and parking mode icon made to black not white on screen, as most driving is in daylight and when I try to test the switch to parking mode I cant see the icons as they are against white sunlight ?

Would it be possible to have the car icon and parking mode icon made to black not white on screen, as most driving is in daylight and when I try to test the switch to parking mode I cant see the icons as they are against white sunlight ?
Can you park in a dark place??

Being serious, the OSD text colour can't be perfect in all conditions, day & night, where the image behind may be road, sky, trees or the car interior/exterior. I think most camera developers have settled on a white OSD since it provides contrast against most backgrounds.

Again I would like to see integration with Google Assistant so that voice commands can be used. This is a key product differentiator where Viofo can take the lead in the market.

You don't have WIFI in your car?
I do, but most people do not. And Viofo tries to sell to a large pool of people. Also, my comment also implies that camera would require totally new software and I do not know if there is enough memory for this. But what would you use it for?

I do, but most people do not. And Viofo tries to sell to a large pool of people. Also, my comment also implies that camera would require totally new software and I do not know if there is enough memory for this. But what would you use it for?
You make great points regarding user base and target customer. Can't disagree much. The novelty of it is the primary reason.

This is what it looks like

Is it a bug or do I need to get the kit replaced?

Is it a bug or do I need to get the kit replaced?
Are both cameras powered from the same kit?
It could be that battery voltage drops below threshold when starting the car. Try going lower on the voltage switch on the kit and see if it makes a difference.

Back