Parking Mode Beta Firmware

When you are running parking mode using the USB powerbank, is the power connected to the cam or the GPS module? Are you sure parking mode is supposed to work without the 3 wire kit?

My power cable is connected to the GPS module. As far as I know, the camera cannot detect any difference between 12v-to-USB power, a USB powerbank or a 2-wire hardwire kit.

A129 Duo V1.5 Firmware
Change log:
Added: New parking mode solution, support VIOFO 2 wires and 3 wires ACC hardwire kit.

OK I'm running my cam on a USB powerbank temporarily. Will check it out and compare notes on performance with you.

When you are running parking mode using the USB powerbank, is the power connected to the cam or the GPS module? Are you sure parking mode is supposed to work without the 3 wire kit?

they have 2 parking mode methods, the 3 wire is hard coded depending on B+ and ACC power, the 2 wire is a software solution based on logic, moving, not moving etc

So how does it work on USB powerbank?

with this new firmware is it fine to use parking mode with the 2 wire kit?

with this new firmware is it fine to use parking mode with the 2 wire kit?
YES. The camera will switch to parking mode recording after 5 minutes if no motion detected and no G-sensor impact.

Bug (2 wire kit) -

Instead of switching to Parking mode after 5 minutes, camera reboots. Anyone else seeing this?

Post reboot, goes into Parking Mode after 5 minutes.

Bug (2 wire kit) -

Instead of switching to Parking mode after 5 minutes, camera reboots. Anyone else seeing this?

Post reboot, goes into Parking Mode after 5 minutes.

Do you have another memory card to test? Does this happen constantly?

Not sure. 3-4 times I've been in the car while parked and IIRC the camera rebooted each time.

Where to get the latest beta incorporating buffered parking mode and when will the final version be released?

Not sure. 3-4 times I've been in the car while parked and IIRC the camera rebooted each time.

No, not every time. Just went out to grab something and checked, went into Low-bitrate mode after 5 minutes.

Where to get the latest beta incorporating buffered parking mode and when will the final version be released?
Only a few testers have it for now. There are still a few bugs to iron out. And as Viofo said at the start of the week, this beta only supports the front camera and will not be offered for public testing.

It should be a good parking mode option for the A129. We all just need to be patient.

No, not every time. Just went out to grab something and checked, went into Low-bitrate mode after 5 minutes.
Possibility that it's a microSD card issue then, but you'll have to test to confirm. Haven't seen this personally, but would love to be able to replicate it on our end. What SD card size and spec/manufacturer are you currently using?

Possibility that it's a microSD card issue then, but you'll have to test to confirm. Haven't seen this personally, but would love to be able to replicate it on our end. What SD card size and spec/manufacturer are you currently using?

128GB EVO Plus U3.

Back