Parking mode confuses me.

Fruffy91

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys here goes I have my dashcam hardwired using the 3 wire kit and its hardwired properly I know. I want to use the low bitrate parking mode for continuous recording 24/7. I plug the cam in and it's working fine recording etc with the ignition on. Then I turn the ignition off. There a slight pause and goes to record again with a little p in top left of screen. I put the ignition back on again the P turns to a car again and the dashcam dosnt continue recording and the red rec light is just flashing away! Am confused can anyone please help me? This is my first dash cam btw. Ohh and I'm only running the front one at the mo as no time to fit back one. Il do it in the future though!

That's the camera switching to and from Parking Mode.

But it dosnt actually stsrt recording again when it comes out of parking mode the red led just flashes goes into parking mode fine and records in parking mode it's, when I turn the ignition on and start the car the dashcam comes out of parking mode but fails to resume recording. I have waited a good 5 mins to see if it kicks in recording but dosnt. I can upload a YouTube video it helps of what it's doing.

Big car icon with a small recorder is normal recording and big recorder icon with a clock inside signifies recording in Parking Mode. A video would be useful.

Ok guys here goes I have my dashcam hardwired using the 3 wire kit and its hardwired properly I know. I want to use the low bitrate parking mode for continuous recording 24/7. I plug the cam in and it's working fine recording etc with the ignition on. Then I turn the ignition off. There a slight pause and goes to record again with a little p in top left of screen. I put the ignition back on again the P turns to a car again and the dashcam dosnt continue recording and the red rec light is just flashing away! Am confused can anyone please help me? This is my first dash cam btw. Ohh and I'm only running the front one at the mo as no time to fit back one. Il do it in the future though!
The record icon on the screen should flash when recording, the LED should be solid when recording, and if it is not recording then there should be a warning beeping...

It may be that you need to set the power up delay a bit longer, especially if you have a diesel engine...

The video shows as follows

The ignition was already on at the start of the video in normal recording mode. When the screen comes on I've turned ignition off, and the camera goes into parking mode. I turn the ignition back on. Goes back to normal mode but dosnt continue to record. The car is a 2019 mini cooper s.

perhaps you turn on quickly or too quickly turn off the car and the video recorder does not have time to start, and it turn on or turn off not correctly?

What microSD card are you using and has it been formatted and then tested with H2testw to ensure it's ok?

You can see the clock has frozen there too when going into normal mode - what firmware are you on?

I think I've fixed it! I turned wifi off formatted the card in the camera again. Then did a reset on the camera to defaults and works fine. I got another question though I dont want to start another thread to bung up the forums. Am using all these settings I found Here. My parking mode is low bit rate recording and is working fine now! But in normal recording mode and also parking mode, I loose a frame every so often. And the video is jumpy Am running v1.9.

No worries il test the card in the next few days just for the ref. Am using a sandisk ulta 128gb MicroSDXC a1 class 10 bought sold and shipped by amazon :).

What software do you use to tell that its dropping frames? I want to see if mine does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think I've fixed it! I turned wifi off formatted the card in the camera again. Then did a reset on the camera to defaults and works fine. I got another question though I dont want to start another thread to bung up the forums. Am using all these settings I found Here. My parking mode is low bit rate recording and is working fine now! But in normal recording mode and also parking mode, I loose a frame every so often. And the video is jumpy Am running v1.9.

Fruffy91-

I'm surprised none of the helpful posters here alerted you to the fact that your problem with dropped frames has been discussed on these threads. If you look at item #7 on the first post of this link you will see that HonestReview has mentioned this problem with the A129.

Original thread for the frames problem is here.I found/expose this bug:

Back