Parking mode - constant recording 1 fps

vhblanco

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

There is another big thread about how current parking mode can be triggered automatically with G sensor and @estore009 has been very responsive providing beta firmware for us to test.

I was wondering if there would be a way of giving us the option of two different parking modes:

• Normal mode: Always recording 30 fps

• Current parking mode: Camera off until G sensor detects shock (if it detects it) and then start recording for some seconds and go back to sleep

• Parking mode I would like: After camera detects car has been parked (3-6 minutes on 0614 beta firmware I believe), it starts recording constantly but at only 1 or 2 fps, (and normal 30 fps for a few seconds after a bump) this would take very little space on the microSD but we would have pictures of anything we need for example a few pictures BEFORE the accident and something like someone scratching the car without moving it enough to trigger G sensor.

Someone was also suggesting a configuration for normal sensitivity of G sensor during normal mode but really high sensitivity during parking mode, this would be also great.

So far I like everything else and if this could be implemented I'll be buying several more cameras for my rear and for family members.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

There is another big thread about how current parking mode can be triggered automatically with G sensor and @estore009 has been very responsive providing beta firmware for us to test.

I was wondering if there would be a way of giving us the option of two different parking modes:

• Normal mode: Always recording 30 fps

• Current parking mode: Camera off until G sensor detects shock (if it detects it) and then start recording for some seconds and go back to sleep

• Parking mode I would like: After camera detects car has been parked (3-6 minutes on 0614 beta firmware I believe), it starts recording constantly but at only 1 or 2 fps, (and normal 30 fps for a few seconds after a bump) this would take very little space on the microSD but we would have pictures of anything we need for example a few pictures BEFORE the accident and something like someone scratching the car without moving it enough to trigger G sensor.

Someone was also suggesting a configuration for normal sensitivity of G sensor during normal mode but really high sensitivity during parking mode, this would be also great.

So far I like everything else and if this could be implemented I'll be buying several more cameras for my rear and for family members.

¡Gracias de antemano! [/ QUOTE]

Great ideas, I want it too

Last edited:
Actually, this beta 20180614s firmware adds it already. You can give it a try!

Actually, this beta 20180614s firmware adds it already. You can give it a try!

Thanks, looking forward to try firmware 0614s.

Would you consider the other parking mode with constant 1 or 2 fps?

Would you consider the other parking mode with constant 1 or 2 fps?
Will ask my team to have a check then to see if its main chipset supports or not?

Thanks! I too would like to see this feature! (y)

One nice aspect of a 1-2fps parking mode video is that it could run for a far longer period than the "normal" 30fps video, before filling up the card and overwriting. So you could leave your car parked over a weekend, and that scrape that happened on Friday night would still be on the card (not yet overwritten) when you see it on Monday morning.

Yes, it supports. And we are working slowly to adjust its firmware for you!
awesome news, thank you so much!

That’s fantastic!!
This will really be a game changer for how the B1W can be used in parked cars! (y)(y)

@estore009, do you know if the frame rate for this could be user-configurable from the app? (Good options might be 1, 2, 5 FPS?)

That’s fantastic!!
This will really be a game changer for how the B1W can be used in parked cars! (y)(y)

@estore009, do you know if the frame rate for this could be user-configurable from the app? (Good options might be 1, 2, 5 FPS?)
No, the configuration will be 1fps.

Two great ideas increase sensitivity to the maximum in parking mode and recording at 1fps.

I'm looking forward to trying it

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Yes, it supports. And we are working slowly to adjust its firmware for you!
This is very good news! Time laps mode will be very useful, especially since the B1W in the parking mode does not fall asleep and is still switched on in the standby mode.

No, the configuration will be 1fps.
Oh, :eek: I already thought that I missed something very important and the firmware with the time laps mode is already there.:)

Thank you, @estore009, you pay a lot of attention to this device and the wishes of users (y)

Hello everyone,
I have dvr version v1.06.180528s
I would have liked to be able to install my b1w in vertical mode, but the image on my phone only looks good with horizontal b1w.
I am very interested in recent parking mode firmware.
Thanks for your time.

PD: I use online translator, I'm sorry

Hello everyone,
I have dvr version v1.06.180528s
I would have liked to be able to install my b1w in vertical mode, but the image on my phone only looks good with horizontal b1w.
I am very interested in recent parking mode firmware.
Thanks for your time.

PD: I use online translator, I'm sorry

Many people would consider it "wrong" and "socially unacceptable" to record video in portrait or vertical orientation.
Why are you wanting to record sideways for?

Many people would consider it "wrong" and "socially unacceptable" to record video in portrait or vertical orientation.
It would be a bit silly to record the windscreen in portrait mode when the glass is landscape shape, it would not fit!

I assume that the requirement is to mount the camera vertically with just the lens looking out under the sun strip but have the sensor horizontal as normal. Might make it easier to mount alongside mirrors instead of underneath where it may be more visible. However you would need to physically rotate the sensor since it is a 16:9 widescreen TV shape.

Perhaps, for installation on the side windows and adjusting the desired direction of the shooting angle, the vertical arrangement of the B1W will be more convenient

Perhaps, for installation on the side windows and adjusting the desired direction of the shooting angle, the vertical arrangement of the B1W will be more convenient
That would mean that you could mount it right next to the door pillars, which would be neat, unfortunately half the view would then be of the door pillar! Not sure it would be practical?

I do not want to record the portrait. I just want to install the dashcam vertically

It would be a bit silly to record the windscreen in portrait mode when the glass is landscape shape, it would not fit!

I assume that the requirement is to mount the camera vertically with just the lens looking out under the sun strip but have the sensor horizontal as normal. Might make it easier to mount alongside mirrors instead of underneath where it may be more visible. However you would need to physically rotate the sensor since it is a 16:9 widescreen TV shape.
Yes, that is my wish.

That would mean that you could mount it right next to the door pillars, which would be neat, unfortunately half the view would then be of the door pillar! Not sure it would be practical?
But now we have to turn the case and push one side of the dash away from the side windows ;)
B1W on the side windows..jpg

Back