Parking mode - constant recording 1 fps

Something to consider is that the video output renders wider than it does for height when mounted as intended. You would lose some width mounting vertically. You may also confuse the "auto-flip" function of the cam which is in later firmware. If that happens you would have to downgrade to very early firmware which lacks performance and features. Better to try to use the cam as it was designed to be used, or find a more suitable cam. It is not an expensive cam, so you could try anyway. If you do this, let us know the results here please.

Phil

I do not want to record the portrait. I just want to install the dashcam vertically

You would have to somehow disassemble the camera and turn the sensor 90 degrees inside. The g-sensor and whatever senses if it is upside or not would also need to be rotated. As small as these cameras are, these things might all be permanently soldered or glued into place inside.

If you attempt it, please take pictures of the inside of the camera for us!

Hi onceuponadash cam!
Now the dashcam is new. I want to know how it works and test the beta firmware. I am a newbie and I quickly thought that I would only need a firmware adjustment, thanks for your successful comments, you are an expert and noticed the drawbacks.
If in the future I disarm my b1w, I will be happy to share photos with all of you.
regards!!

There are disassembly pics of this cam posted somewhere on DCT, but I can't recall which thread. Maybe I'll have time to look ituplater.

Phil

It's a wee Beastie to be sure, but if someone were persistent enough and didn't mind altering whatever was needed it could be done.

In my business I tell the customers that anything is possible given enough of my time and enough of their money :cool: Things usually stop when I hand them my estimate of cost o_O :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Turning just the sensor would be difficult... but it looks like the sensor is on a separate PCB connected by a ribbon cable, so a rotation/extension/relocation of that separate PCB might be possible. Not a chance of fitting it back in the case that way though. :LOL:

Here is a nice photo of the opposite side of the boards, from an AliExpress listing:
HTB1fKC0aJzJ8KJjSspkq6zF7VXaB.jpg

Here is another photo. The form of the board is not exactly suitable for DIY, not in this case
B1W image sensor & lens DCT.jpg

It would be possible with a redesigned CMOS PCB, but that's beyond what any but the most determined would attempt as DIY.

Phil

Yes, it supports. And we are working slowly to adjust its firmware for you!
Any updates or ETA on this?

Pretty excited to see this level of support. Getting another for my other car tomorrow!

Any updates or ETA on this?
Yes, will PM you this newest beta firmware when it comes out within this week!
Pretty excited to see this level of support. Getting another for my other car tomorrow!
There will be a lightning deal on Amazon tomorrow, it should be a right time to buy it :)

Picked up an extra cam for my second vehicle.

Will the beta 1fps parking firmware include the auto parking mode feature?

Picked up an extra cam for my second vehicle.

Will the beta 1fps parking firmware include the auto parking mode feature?
Need to adjust its APP also for this 1fps time-lapse recording, and give me some days more!

Looking forward to this update with the 1fps... any ideas when available? (iOS app)

Sorry, still need more days to finish it!

I'm sure it's gonna worth the wait!
Actually, this beta 1fps firmware comes out already, but we need more time to adjust its APP!

So, will there be a choice between G-sensor recording and 1fps recording in the app, or do we have to choose through firmware?

Back