Parking mode - driver returning to vehicle

tatmaninov

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From what I gather most dash cams in parking mode think that when the driver returns to the car and shuts the boot or doors it recognises this as an impact. Does it then record this as an event? If it does I guess it will soon eat up the 50 spaces for event files? I hope I misunderstand something as this seems like quite a basic problem.

Appreciate any insight into this.

Yes it will record it as an event. My understanding is once it gets to the max amount of event recordings, it overwrites the older ones. Shouldn't be much of a problem, you should be checking your car once over whether you have a dashcam recording or not. So you should know whether you need to manually save a file or not.

Anyone know how many events are stored before they are written over? A fixed number on a 16 GB card is a lot different than that same fixed number on a larger card.

From what I gather most dash cams in parking mode think that when the driver returns to the car and shuts the boot or doors it recognises this as an impact. Does it then record this as an event? If it does I guess it will soon eat up the 50 spaces for event files? I hope I misunderstand something as this seems like quite a basic problem.

Appreciate any insight into this.
It will record it as an event, however, the voice notifications won't say it as a "parking mode incident".

Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

Back