Parking mode feature request - scheduling

Avise

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Not sure if this is the right place for a request, but I've seen that VIOFO people are reading the threads.

It would be useful for my usage scenario if it would be possible to enable parking mode on a scheduled basis to avoid having to go through the menus to turn it on or off every time.

Basically, I would like to have parking mode enabled only over night in most cases, since the rest of the day my car is mostly parked on the company parking lot which is well covered with cameras and there is no need for it. My daily commute is relatively short and I would like to avoid discharging the car battery when it is not necessary. I know there are external battery solutions, but, right now, I do not feel the cost is justified.

So, if I could set the parking mode to be enabled between, for instance, 10 in the evening and 8 in the morning that would be great.

Even if we could use the emergency lock bluetooth button to enable/disable parking mode instead would be enough for my usage case.

Note that you can turn the camera off by long pressing the menu (power) button when parking mode is not required, it will restart automatically when you start the engine again, assuming that you have the HK3 hardwire kit.

Note that you can turn the camera off by long pressing the menu (power) button when parking mode is not required, it will restart automatically when you start the engine again, assuming that you have the HK3 hardwire kit.

Ah, thank you for that info. That is not a bad workaround for my situation. I do own the hardwire kit. Still, a worry free schedule would be nice.

Still, a worry free schedule would be nice.
I think I would prefer a location disable, so in your case you could set it so that if it enters parking mode within 100m of current position (work) then it turns off instead of entering parking mode.

I think I would prefer a location disable, so in your case you could set it so that if it enters parking mode within 100m of current position (work) then it turns off instead of entering parking mode.

I agree, that is an even better idea.

This is what I do except I have the opposite situation to the OP, I switch it off when I arrive home as I have CCTV at home (but not in the carpark)

Back