Parking mode feature requests

krishg

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Creating a new thread to track enhancement requests for parking mode.

1. As raised by @mcaf123 in here, when in parking/timelapse mode if G-Sensor is triggered, can DC lock the file as it would do with normal mode?
2. Contingent on #1, can DC also switch that segment to full mode, i.e. normal recording with audio?
3. Contingent on #1, when resuming normal mode (not #2, but when accessory power is detected - key on mode), can DC provide a visual or audible alert to indicate that an incident was captured?

1. it currently does that but right now it shouldn't, there's a bug in this process that we're working on that we need to fix before we can have this work as expected
2. if you do that you'll lose a few seconds of video when it changes, good chance that few seconds would be pretty important
3. not sure, something we'll need to check but need to fix the G-Sensor bug before we could make use of that

1. it currently does that but right now it shouldn't, there's a bug in this process that we're working on that we need to fix before we can have this work as expected
I didn't see anyone discuss this bug in the main thread?

2. if you do that you'll lose a few seconds of video when it changes, good chance that few seconds would be pretty important
Yep, I understand. But if the capability of the chipset allows, could DC process the stream twice for those few seconds and record timelapse till the full mode takes over? On the assumption that DC is not in a low power state in parking mode, and it doesn't have to go through the full power cycling to get back into full mode, perhaps it can achieve this? Not trying to trivialise anything, but throwing ideas.

it doesn't have to restart but it needs to close both files, change modes, check for recycling space and clear if required, start 2 new files, can't do that without some time in between ending timelapse and starting the new recordings

i was about to ask if we could switch state on 1 camera at the time to smoothen and maybe speed up the transition, but thats not going to work cuz then the 2 feeds would be out of sync.
At least this time the left side of my brain managed to keep up with my fingers and the right side of my brain. :)

Can parking mode (on/off) depend on GPS data? E.g. I have CCTV and Ring at home, so will not need any recordings from dashcam (to save car battery). Similar with office car park.

Can parking mode (on/off) depend on GPS data? E.g. I have CCTV and Ring at home, so will not need any recordings from dashcam (to save car battery). Similar with office car park.
right now we're working on a stability issue, need to get that sorted before we go investigating other changes

@ jokiin ,
found this thread and would like my suggestion to apply to parking mode on the SGGCX2PRO as well as SG9663DC.
1. Maybe a delay (2-5 min, better yet user selectalble) after turning off ACC and going into parking mode?
2. Keep the G-sensor locking file feature while in parking mode in updates.
3. On the Street Guarding Support Update Firmware page give details of what each update consists of.
4. "3. Contingent on #1, when resuming normal mode (not #2, but when accessory power is detected - key on mode), can DC provide a visual or audible alert to indicate that an incident was captured? ".... Just put in the menu the option to turn this notification off. The below mentioned "other brand" does this and user can toggle off each different type of notification.

Another brand has the parking time lapse and when an event triggers, it buffers (5-6 sec.), then switches to normal record with sound for 20 sec. then goes back to parking time lapse. Setting a parking delay would give time to exit vehicle while still in normal with low G thus not triggering and event closing the door. As post #8 said use GPS..... would solve this but for some that would mean it will go into parking with ACC on, still in the car and idle. I would like to set the G sensitivity to high while in parking mode and not so high while normal mode. Each different brand and its features has benefits and or drawbacks. The only perfect unit would be buying multiple different models!
FYI choosing this model for,
1st, Form-stealth (SGGCX2PRO as well as SG9663DC, most inconspicuous)
2nd, Video quality
3rd, Automatic Parking feature
4th, Customer support and warranty

adding an extended delay when changing modes is not likely to happen
the G-Sensor does work in parking mode but we have some further changes planned for that to improve the way it works
every firmware includes a list of changes in the file
alerts about events are unlikely to happen
there are some other options we're working on but switching modes while parked is not something we will do, it will lose some seconds of footage while changing, losing footage at the time you need it most is not a good idea
GPS won't be used as a parking indicator, you can't always guarantee the accuracy or availability of signal

adding an extended delay when changing modes is not likely to happen
the G-Sensor does work in parking mode but we have some further changes planned for that to improve the way it works
every firmware includes a list of changes in the file
alerts about events are unlikely to happen
there are some other options we're working on but switching modes while parked is not something we will do, it will lose some seconds of footage while changing, losing footage at the time you need it most is not a good idea
GPS won't be used as a parking indicator, you can't always guarantee the accuracy or availability of signal
Thank you, Just my suggestions. I can do with out these recommendations but the different sensitivity settings between normal and parking would be my most wanted. As for the firmware updates I have not done this, only have viewed the update page with the links...so thank you for the heads up. The SGGCX2PRO ticks 90% of my wants and that is very good. "Another Brand" (even though $200usd more) has all of my feature requests (and many more features I don't care about) but I decided on the sggcx2pro because of the design. It is very hard from the outside to notice there is a dash cam to steal!
Again thank you.

switching to video for a bit when an incident is detected (like in other dashcam models ) in Parking Mode would be an awesome feature....

Vortex has a video with a Blackvue on a battery backup system where it recorded someone backing into his car. It sounds like this is not the kind of thing available with the X2PRO or DC, right?

A little before 2 minutes in:

Vortex has a video with a Blackvue on a battery backup system where it recorded someone backing into his car. It sounds like this is not the kind of thing available with the X2PRO or DC, right?

Cellink Neo is a battery pack that is compatible with the parking mode on our cameras

Nice! So hooking up to that will enable recording in parking mode like that? Thanks!

Still needs the hardwire kit but can be connected to the battery instead of the vehicle to get the same functionality

I hope this is not too for off topic (parking mode feature request) but just to help others that might not know.
switching to video for a bit when an incident is detected (like in other dashcam models ) in Parking Mode would be an awesome feature....
Most "other" dash cams that switch to video for a bit (with or without buffer) are switching from a standby mode. The SG is doing time lapse for the whole duration while in parking mode. If you want parking mode time lapse and a trigger events to switch to full video with buffer then look at Blackvue's most expensive cams.

Nice! So hooking up to that will enable recording in parking mode like that? Thanks!
When a cam has auto activated parking mode it is activated by either (non) motion or no GPS moment, those units only need +/- power. The cam units that need to have ACC off activation for parking to activate have 3 wire, +/-/ACC. That is why those units need a hard-wire harness specific to the particular unit.

Last edited:
I didn't want to start a new thread, but is there a software that anyone can recommend for android that will slow down parking mode in a smooth fashion? I've downloaded several apps through the play store and they all seem to slow the video down to only .25fps, but this creates a choppy video. Or will parking mode video not convert well into slow motion video? I originally had parking mode set to 5fps, but now I've set it to 1fps with similar results. Does the fps value matter or is there a way besides having the camera record in normal mode to create a slow motion video to capture details of a video? I currently have Slow Motion FX installed on my Note 8 and I was able to slow a parking mode video down to capture what I wanted, but it is still not smooth. The video is more of the type that you would see on a CCTV video capture.

Back