Parking mode feature requests

FPS = frames per second
Normal video records at 30FPS
Parking Mode Recording is time lapse, you choose 1, 3 or 5 FPS
5 will give the most detail.

I’m not aware of many Android apps beyond VLC Player and GPScam for direct OTG microSD card reader playback.

NovaCam and DoD are the current WiFi apps. Not sure about slow mo or frame by frame Android playback, might be a feature request. It’s easier to slow mo and frame by frame on Mac/Windows

I would just view the original footage on a player that let you go frame by frame, most media players can do this as far as i recall.

FPS = frames per second
Normal video records at 30FPS
Parking Mode Recording is time lapse, you choose 1, 3 or 5 FPS
5 will give the most detail.

I’m not aware of many Android apps beyond VLC Player and GPScam for direct OTG microSD card reader playback.

NovaCam and DoD are the current WiFi apps. Not sure about slow mo or frame by frame Android playback, might be a feature request. It’s easier to slow mo and frame by frame on Mac/Windows
Thanks for the explaination. I'll set the FPS back to 5fps and use my laptop for playback. The video editing software would just be used as an "in-case" if I needed to edit the clip down and send it to the insurance company. The video editing for the Android would be if I needed to edit a video for a quick upload.

I'll take a look at NovaCam.
I would just view the original footage on a player that let you go frame by frame, most media players can do this as far as i recall.
Using the installed media player on an Android is kind of quirky on how to slow the video at just the right moment needed. Thanks for the suggestion though.

SG don't have their own APP for the WIFI cameras yet, but i do think their dashcam player for the PC / MAC have a frame by frame option too.
And i think you will want to look at a large computer screen if you are hunting the illusive plate in video footage, but of course my eyes are old and tired and my dislike for little mobile devises are well known.
And i constantly keep forgetting that so many people use their phones for so many other things that i use mine for , but i assume some mobile players also have frame by frame viewing.

I'll definitely give SG's media player a shot.

VLC is best for viewing timelapse videos, you can slow it down slower than realtime (tap the - key while playing to slow it down, + key to speed it back up), the low frame rate videos will not playback smoothly though, that is expected

VLC is best for viewing timelapse videos, you can slow it down slower than realtime (tap the - key while playing to slow it down, + key to speed it back up), the low frame rate videos will not playback smoothly though, that is expected
VLC is just what I needed. It is the most fluid out of the apps I have downloaded today. I am still going to try the SG playback program once I'm able to install it on my laptop later tonight.

VLC is just what I needed. It is the most fluid out of the apps I have downloaded today. I am still going to try the SG playback program once I'm able to install it on my laptop later tonight.
To get a smooth video flow when you slow video down you need to record at a high frame rate. (even higher than 30fps) Time lapse is going in the wrong direction @ 1-15 fps to slow down and not look choppy. Post production there are a few ways to smooth out time lapse, such as echo effect, stacking or pixel motion blurr but all will blurr moving subjects, not what I think you are looking to do.

Now lets get back on the subject of Parking Mode Features Requests.

Back