Parking Mode For Longest Time?

ilovepurple159

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I'm new to this whole space, so I apologize if I'm asking that's been asking but I didn't find something exactly like my question. I live where I won't use my car that much, maybe like every 2-3rd day.

I'm wanting to go with the Thinkware F800 Pro, or the Thinkware brand in general because it seems to be energy efficient. What are people getting, in terms of hours when they hook this up to a battery. I'm reading like 20ish hours but I need longer than that. Do I have to get extension batteries to get close to those 2-3 days I want or can I put parking mode in "time lapse" and that will push it to the 2-3 days I need?

For my Thinkware U1000. Last time I checked with the Cellink Neo App, it was 100% when I parked. 10 hours later, it says 61% of charge remain. This is with motion detection parking mode. Plus my vehicle's alarm blinking light was always detected so it was pretty much constantly recording. I never checked the battery when time lapse was on, can't help you there.

This question often comes up.. and the answer is always the same.. It depends..
  • a) Do you expect your car to start when you return.. or, are you just wanting the camera to be on? Makes a difference of possibly a day.
  • b) How good is your battery.. how long can you keep, say your dome lights on and still start your car?
  • c) What will the temperature be? Your battery will last a lot longer in 20 degree weather than -20 or.. +30.
If you want your camera to run for a long time.. then a separate isolated power source is the only way to go.

Back