Parking mode - G-Sensor

Sergiosmvc

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello

I have one A129 Duo hardwired with HK3.

I liked more low bit rate parking mode.

It is possible with low bit rate parking mode use also G-Sensor?

I want that because if i someone hit my car and if in that day i miss it or forget to check for any damage on my car tomorrow can be late.

If the dashcam used the G-Sensor that footage was protected.

Thanks

Yes, the G-sensor should lock the low bitrate files and put them safely in the RO folder.

Hello,

I set the g-sensor sensitivity to High.

I tried to simulate some impacts to trigger the G-Sensor but i don't know if that was triggered or not because there isn't an RO folder.

I tried with Time-lapse and low bit rate but it didn't work.

if another car touch my car and scratch it, should G-Sensor be triggered?

... if another car touch my car and scratch it, should G-Sensor be triggered?
It could be but there is no guarante that the G-Sensor will get triggered.

It depends on how hard the impact is. You should be able to trigger the G-Sensor by closing your car door in a very hard way but at the same time there can be another car which touches your car during a parking maneuver and the G-Sensor won't recognize.

There is some variation in all G-sensors, even in the exact same cams. There is a LOT of variation in them across all the different dashcams. None are absolutely reliable in every situation and there's not much you can do if yours doesn't make you happy.

Phil

There is some variation in all G-sensors, even in the exact same cams. There is a LOT of variation in them across all the different dashcams. None are absolutely reliable in every situation and there's not much you can do if yours doesn't make you happy.

Phil
It that case i think the more secure is low bit rate recording parking mode.

Back