Parking Mode in timelapse, incidents are also in timelapse?

cherrycokezero

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok so spent all day hardwiring my F770 to my car which was a annoying AF because all easily accessible fuses on my car all always live. It was a real pain to find one that is switched on/off with ignition. Anyway, it's done now and took it for a test.

Parking mode is on Timelapse which I understand but "incident" clip is also in timelapse. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Because if yes, then it's completely useless. I was under the impression that you can set it to timelapse to have on going coverage but if something bumps against your car, it does a normal short recording and stores it separately. This is not what my unit is doing. It detects "incidents" but the recording that shows up in the events folder and in the viewer app is also sped up timelapse footage.

I looked through settings to see if I had set something incorrectly but I don't see any options to change this. Anyone have any ideas?

That is how the timelapse works. Generally if someone is parking and hits your vehicle they would be going low speed so should be in the recording for at least a few frames. It's a bit of a 'trade off' against motion detection with a vast majority of false alarm recordings. Personally i'm not a fan of motion recording on any camera as Trees moving, Rain, Road junctions all cause lots of false recordings and if a genuine incident happens it can be overwritten by the morning the bigger the memory card the better for either mode.

Back