Parking mode isn't working, the cam keeps powering down.

tlc8439

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone

I recently purchased DR750s 2ch for my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback.

So my current setting is
-PMP set at 12v + inifinity
-ACC wire connected to Accessory fuse. (with add-a-fuse wire, 15fuse on slot1, original fuse on slot2)
-BATTERY wire connected to one of the constant power fuse. (with add-a-fuse wire, 15fuse on slot1, original fuse on slot2)

Since the cam turns on + works fine when the car is on, I assume the issue is with the constant power source.
I've tried 3 different fuse (I have checked with circuit tester to confirm it lights up when car is off.)
1.Door Lock (20amps)
2.Driver's Power Seat Sliding (20amps)
3.Smart Entry (10amps) / STS (5amps)

They all fail and the cam says powering down. When this happens, PMP is dead and no matter how many times I turn off and on the switch it won't go on, only when I remove the fuse and re-insert then the PMP turns back on.

The only time I was able to have my blackvue work in parking more more than 5hrs is when I removed 15fuse (that came with the kit) from the add-a-fuse slot1 and put the original fuse in the slot1(having nothing inserted on slot 2). This way, it worked well for couple days and now the cam turns off around 5-6hr in parking mode.

Is it the bad PMP? or am I doing something wrong?

You are doing something wrong.

Using a circuit tester isnt good enough You need a multimeter. The amperage of any fuse is immaterial to the camera as it has its own fuse in the ciggy plug.

Put the original fuse in the bottom slot and a 5 amp one in the top. Using a multimeter test the always on circuit by hooking it up to the meter and shut the car door lock it and leave it for 30 mins at least. If it still has power after that use it . If it doesnt its not always on.

Does your ciggy lighter stay on when car is turned off If so use that fuse.

You are doing something wrong.

Using a circuit tester isnt good enough You need a multimeter. The amperage of any fuse is immaterial to the camera as it has its own fuse in the ciggy plug.

Put the original fuse in the bottom slot and a 5 amp one in the top. Using a multimeter test the always on circuit by hooking it up to the meter and shut the car door lock it and leave it for 30 mins at least. If it still has power after that use it . If it doesnt its not always on.

Does your ciggy lighter stay on when car is turned off If so use that fuse.

Thank you for your detail response!!
Though, it seems to be working fine at least as of now.
(currently battery wire inserted in power seat fuse with original fuse on bottom slot, and the one came with the kit on the top slot.)

I realized that I left my car parked for about 15 hours with parking mode on, so I decided to drive couple miles and come back to see if things are different and the parking mode is working fine for about 2hrs so far.

How many hours of parking mode can I be expecting with a brand new battery (2018 brand new car) with parking mode + wifi on? Some say they have no issue going past 12hrs straight, but blackboxmycar.com guy says he only gets about 5-7 hrs with PMP alone (which is about what I am getting) hence he uses battery pack.

I was willing to lose about 1-2 years of car battery life span with PMP route, but if it only stays on 5-7 hours, then the parking mode isn't really useful since people usually park their car longer than that once they get home.

Reactions: RLS
How many hours of parking mode can I be expecting with a brand new battery (2018 brand new car) with parking mode + wifi on? Some say they have no issue going past 12hrs straight
I have no idea but it doesnt run your battery below 12v so shouldnt be an issue Having Wifi on will run it down faster. I never use parking mode or Wifi so i cant give an answer

I have mine set up similarly (although i have the time set to 36hrs) and it just runs all day/night long. I do use my car everyday though and it has runs long enough to fully recharge the battery. Weirdly, mine turns off temporarily when i open the door first thing in the morning?!

Could be that the battery voltage drops a tad below 12V when the interior lights come on?

Need specs on battery to determine Ah-usage. :)

If you are constantly cycling the battery so low, I would recommend adding a B124, or at least throwing the car on a battery charger regularly.

Plus, keep one of those portable jumpers in your trunk LOL (I have one in each car regardless).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone

I recently purchased DR750s 2ch for my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback.

So my current setting is
-PMP set at 12v + inifinity
-ACC wire connected to Accessory fuse. (with add-a-fuse wire, 15fuse on slot1, original fuse on slot2)
-BATTERY wire connected to one of the constant power fuse. (with add-a-fuse wire, 15fuse on slot1, original fuse on slot2)

Since the cam turns on + works fine when the car is on, I assume the issue is with the constant power source.
I've tried 3 different fuse (I have checked with circuit tester to confirm it lights up when car is off.)
1.Door Lock (20amps)
2.Driver's Power Seat Sliding (20amps)
3.Smart Entry (10amps) / STS (5amps)

They all fail and the cam says powering down. When this happens, PMP is dead and no matter how many times I turn off and on the switch it won't go on, only when I remove the fuse and re-insert then the PMP turns back on.

The only time I was able to have my blackvue work in parking more more than 5hrs is when I removed 15fuse (that came with the kit) from the add-a-fuse slot1 and put the original fuse in the slot1(having nothing inserted on slot 2). This way, it worked well for couple days and now the cam turns off around 5-6hr in parking mode.

Is it the bad PMP? or am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

Question:- Have you had your cars battery checked to see that it is holding a charge of at least 12.5 volts. for 12 hours. Sometimes it your battery is getting to the end of it's life, say 3 years, it will not hold a charge. Most car battery are only warrantied for 2 years. OK it will start the car, but when the engine is turned off the battery can not hold the charge for more than a hour. Vehicle manufactures are a tight lot, and will put the cheapest battery they can into a new car, which after all is only there to start the vehicle. After you have bought the car they are not interested. You will note that new cat warranties do NOT cover the battery.
After 7 years of only selling Blackvue cameras and accessories, I have never had a faulty PMP.
Mike

If you are constantly cycling the battery so low, I would recommend adding a B124, or at least throwing the car on a battery charger regularly.

Plus, keep one of those portable jumpers in your trunk LOL (I have one in each car regardless).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why waste your money on a B124 with a 1 hour charge / 24 hour application? It still will not solve the problem he may have with a faulty battery.

You will note that new cat warranties do NOT cover the battery.
The battery in my '11 Sonata was covered by the warranty when it died in '13.

After 7 years of only selling Blackvue cameras and accessories, I have never had a faulty PMP.
My first one kept shutting my camera down at random times. Turns out it had a bad connection inside the plug. I was able to fix it myself without sending it off to be replaced. It's now almost three years old and in a second vehicle.

The battery in my '11 Sonata was covered by the warranty when it died in '13.

dealer replaced the battery in one of my cars under warranty when it was almost 4 years old, didn't have any trouble starting the car but it had some weird electrical gremlin which they traced to a dead cell in the battery, glad it was under warranty as there's a few hours labour involved in getting it changed as well

With mine, I didn't think it was a bad battery. The starter would spin the motor over like it was a new battery, but it would not fire up. I try again and then it would start. Over a few months, it was getting worse till it would not fire up no matter how many time I tried. I called the Hyundai service number and they had my car towed to a dealer. They determined it was the battery and installed a new one for me. The tech there told me that model car is super picky how good a battery is. If it is just the slightest bit bad, it won't start.

Now I have a '17 Sonata, the '11 was totaled. The battery in it will start the car at 11v with no problems. But the Thinkware shuts down at 12v. 10 minutes after parking. The two X2 side cameras usually get left on overnight.

Running real late for work this morning. I blame these forums.

Back