Parking mode issue after hardwiring VIOFO A139 PRO

susanaliu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
I'm new in the dash cam world and had the VIOFO A139 PRO 2CH installed and hardwired in my car by someone.
For some reason, regardless whether I turn off or on parking mode in the app, the camera is still on and recording even after turning off the car for a while. The recordings also seem to be saving under the normal driving files and there are no parking files saved. There's no change in sound/lights indicating when the camera switches to parking mode ever. The GPS light used to be on but is no longer available after it was hardwired.
Do you think there could've been an issue after hardwiring and any suggested steps to resolve it?

Hello everyone.
I'm new in the dash cam world and had the VIOFO A139 PRO 2CH installed and hardwired in my car by someone.
For some reason, regardless whether I turn off or on parking mode in the app, the camera is still on and recording even after turning off the car for a while. The recordings also seem to be saving under the normal driving files and there are no parking files saved. There's no change in sound/lights indicating when the camera switches to parking mode ever. The GPS light used to be on but is no longer available after it was hardwired.
Do you think there could've been an issue after hardwiring and any suggested steps to resolve it?
Hello Susana,
Welcome to the forum,

It sounds like the hardwire kit is installed incorrectly.
There are 3 wires.
One ground, two positives.
One positive goes to CONSTANT battery power.
The other positive goes to SWITCHED battery power.
It sounds like the installer put BOTH positive wires to CONSTANT battery power.
Open your fuse panel, if you see both RED & YELLOW wires connected together that's what happened.
Take it back to the installer, and have him correctly install it.

After it gets re-wired correctly, and you select a parking mode in the settings, when you turn off your car the camera should say; “Parking Recording Started”
-Chuck

Hello Susana,
Welcome to the forum,

It sounds like the hardwire kit is installed incorrectly.
There are 3 wires.
One ground, two positives.
One positive goes to CONSTANT battery power.
The other positive goes to SWITCHED battery power.
It sounds like the installer put BOTH positive wires to CONSTANT battery power.
Open your fuse panel, if you see both RED & YELLOW wires connected together that's what happened.
Take it back to the installer, and have him correctly install it.

After it gets re-wired correctly, and you select a parking mode in the settings, when you turn off your car the camera should say; “Parking Recording Started”
-Chuck
Thank you so much for your thorough reply! I'll go to the installer and let them know.

Back