Parking Mode Issue

RuckU2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had the Viofo A129Duo in my car since May 2019. My first issue was a memory card issue and getting a corrupt file error. So, I went thru blackboxmycar and got a new SD card. Problem solved. However, I took the dashcam out and updated to v1.9 Firmware. Did a reset and default, per Viofo recommendation. Now, if I have my headlights set to auto, the camera will turn off when I turn the car off. If I turn the headlights to off, the camera will switch to Parking Mode like normal. I have never had this issue until I updated the firmware.

Viofo Recommendations:

1. Reset and default - DONE
2. Pick a new fuse for hard wire - the unit has worked fine in parking mode for almost a year
3. Try old v1.5 firmware

I like this little unit, but I am real close to spending the funds for a Blackview, Thinkware, or iRoad.

If the issue began exactly with the firmware update then try going back to the last properly working firmware. Could also be low voltage from an old car battery with the headlights on 'auto' if that means they stay on for a time after the engine is switched off. Process of elimination by changing only one thing at a time then noting the results; once you find the exact source of the problem hopefully it can be fixed.

Phi

Back