Parking mode motion detection vs motion detection and GPS questions?

Following CaptureYourAction's suggestion, I was able to determine that my Viofo A129 Pro Duo does NOT go into parking mode at all; all my movie files ended in just "F" or "R". I'm certain that the wiring was done properly when the camera system was installed, so I have no idea as to what I've done wrong. Any suggestions?

Many a guy / installer have put in a hard wire kit properly, only to find out it was not as proper after all, this is often the case in modern cars with the smarts in the power grid, like Can-bus
Just to make sure, you are using Viofos hard wire kit ? there are generic ones around, but the days of those are long gone now, not least in 3 wire setups like the Viofo use.

Following CaptureYourAction's suggestion, I was able to determine that my Viofo A129 Pro Duo does NOT go into parking mode at all; all my movie files ended in just "F" or "R". I'm certain that the wiring was done properly when the camera system was installed, so I have no idea as to what I've done wrong. Any suggestions?
You need to confirm that the red wire from the kit is tapped into a fuse that is on all the time and that the yellow wire is tapped into a fuse that is on only when car is on.

Note that from firmware v2.4, all parking mode files are stored in the Parking folder, not in Movies folder. They still have the "P" in their filename.

If you found recordings in Movie folder even when parked, your camera isn't going into Parking Mode.

Note that from firmware v2.4, all parking mode files are stored in the Parking folder, not in Movies folder. They still have the "P" in their filename.

If you found recordings in Movie folder even when parked, your camera isn't going into Parking Mode.
You are absolutely right - I had so many files that should have been saved as "parking" but weren't. I saw a posting on this forum by "RxJay" and used his suggestion to make certain that the "switched wire (yellow wire)" was actually installed in a truly switched circuit. After some experimentation, I found that the fuse/circuit for my "windshield wipers" was a truly switched circuit and now I have been able to collect some "parking" files!

Back