Parking Mode / Motion Detection

pusheena

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently had a next base camera hardwired into my car from Halfords. The gentleman who helped to hardwire the camera said I didn't need to turn on Parking Mode in order for the car to pick up motion and record if another driver were to hit my car. Is this correct? I haven't tried to see if this works yet, but I'm worried it won't record if Parking Mode isn't on

If I need Parking Mode on, how do I go about doing this? I have read somewhere that I should only turn it on once parked, and it will keep this setting from then on.

Does the camera detect motion while parked? e.g. if someone just walked past the car. If yes, will it record because I've had it hardwired?

Sorry, so many questions! But a detailed explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Pusheena,

I have not used this model personally but I've found some info from the instruction manual that should answer your questions.

Intelligent Parking Mode:
Once enabled, Parking Mode will put the Dash Cam in to standby mode after 5 minutes of inactivity. The Dash Cam will power on automatically and record 2 minutes of video, when physical movement of your vehicle is detected.

7. Parking Mode:
When Parking Mode has been turned on, the Dash Cam enters standby mode when the 12Vdc supply has been turned OFF (typically removing your ignition key). The Dash Cam will also enter standby mode if no physical movement is detected for 5 minutes, this is designed to allow use of a permanent 12Vdc supply, i.e hard-wire kit. Should physical movement of the vehicle be detected, the Dash Cam will power on and start recording a 2 minute protected video. If no further physical movement is detected then The Dash Cam will return to standby mode, if physical movement is detected subsequently, then the camera will continue to record normally, i.e. driving once more.
Options: On and Off
Default Setting: Off

Hope this helps!

Hello @pusheena and thank you @DashOto

You do need to turn on parking mode to have the parking mode feature work (he may have set it to on for you though, check in the first menu).

It does not detect if someone walks around the car, it is a G-Sensor which would require physical left/right or forward/backwards movement for it to be triggered.

Back