Parking mode. New to blackvue.

in2ndo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all.
Currently running a thinkware f800. Waiting for the delivery of my blackvue 900.
Number one reason why I’m changing is that the company keeps promising features as they take them away.
Has any of you come from the thinkware world to the blackvue world?
How is the parking mode? Specially at night in almost no light situations.
I’m also going to be using the cloud feature. Also waiting for an OBD 2 port WiFi Hotspot to where the camera is going to connect.
All your experiences are greatly welcome.

TIA

I have an F800 Pro that I too am disappointed that Thinkware didn't come thru with the cloud notification. They sent me an email stating it would notify you if the car was hit while the car was on. If the car is "on", I'm going to be in it! I want to be notified when the car is parked while I'm away from it. The Blackvue 900s will do that as I understand it.

Is a feature that we all need as we drive and sleep at the same time... lol. They keep laughing in their customers faces.
The BV 900 looks promising. I’m still waiting for that shipped email.
Also trying to decide if I keep the OBD2 WiFi from tmobile for 25 bucks and 6 gigs or the nighthawk hotspot from AT&T That I added to my plan last night and can share my unlimited data. Initially AT&T sales person at the store said that it had to have its own data plan. But when I order it online. It allowed me to added to share the data.
Not crazy about the idea of having something plugged into the obd2 port all the time.
Also found out that I can use the black magic pro to power both by splitting the connection and will work fine.

I'm using the CellLink B to power the cam while parked. I'll be looking for a way to power the wifi hotspot from that as well.

Also found out that I can use the black magic pro to power both by splitting the connection and will work fine.

Running two devices from the PMP is interesting. Is it as simple as a dual adapter plug?

The Nighthawk is more versatile overall, cheaper (I assume @ $10/m) and shares unlimited data? - a little more expensive outright.

I like the SyncUP for what it is, the fact that it gives Road Side assistance through Allstate is pretty cool.
Maintainance info and reminders would be handy to have for certain people, I'm sure.
Wonder how hard it is on your battery, especially when playing with auto-off settings.

Tough choice, I look forward to seeing what you end up with (though it sounds like you already decided on the nighthawk - which is a bad ass name, kudos NetGear :LOL:)

Yes you can in fact they used to make one that had two ciggy sockets on it. Easiest way is buy a ciggy socket from Jaycar 150mm of 2core wire and solder it onto the cable to the existing one. Had one like that for a couple of years

Running two devices from the PMP is interesting. Is it as simple as a dual adapter plug?

These pics are taken from a videoclip on my DR650S FHD+HD Highest-profile setup.

Parked on a dim lit street and on a dark road without ambient lighting (besides from the cars headlights) you can clearly see signs and numberplates being readable.
I can only imagine that the DR900 has improved in quality and noise.

vlcsnap-6072-06-13-20h06m06s264.png
vlcsnap-3423-02-06-09h30m55s120.png

So I ended up keeping the Knighthawk from att.
I guess the thing pulls more electric power that the cam does. So initially I had the PMP running both. But it would turn off about 9 hours later. So this is what I did.

I have installed 2 PMP’s. One is running the BV900 2ch. And one running the Netgear Nighthawk hotspot.
The one to the cam limiting at 12v. And the one to the hotspot 12.5v since it has its own battery.
On a brand new yellowtop optima battery.
The hotspot current is stoping in about 8 hours. And the cam was still running after 10 hours. But since my drive to work is only 20 minutes. The hotspots current is now stoping after about 4 or 5 hours. I guess 20 minutes is not enough for the battery to get back up to completely full charge.

Back