Parking mode not working when android auto is used

JeeYem

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Blackvue dr750s-2ch dashcam is powered using Power magic EZ on 2017 Honda Civic, and everything including parking mode works fine. However, if I use android auto for the drive (typically lasting 20 mins), dashcam powers down right after the drive, and therefore dashcam does not run when parked. I have seen this consistently happening, and it is a shame as I was planning to use android auto more often.

My guess is that battery doesn't get charged during the drive, for whatever reason, whenever I use android auto. Have any of you had similar problems? Any solution?

Why on earth would running Android Auto stop the car battery being charged (there isn't a battery in the 750).
What voltage do you have the EZ set to? If 12.5V then set it to 12V and try again.
If your car is not charging its battery properly, then you need to take your Jazz to your dealer to sort out.

Huh - weird. Either not long enough of a drive (unlikely), too high voltage cutoff at 12.5V (unlikely) or something to do with the interaction of Android Auto and your vehicle.

Huh - weird. Either not long enough of a drive (unlikely), too high voltage cutoff at 12.5V (unlikely) or something to do with the interaction of Android Auto and your vehicle.

if it's set to 12.5v and he doesn't drive far that's a more likely cause than Android Auto

if it's set to 12.5v and he doesn't drive far that's a more likely cause than Android Auto

A 20-minute drive should adequately charge the battery to full though. Doesn't help that OP's also saying it's only happening after Android Auto use.

Curious how this turns out, let us know! If changing the cutoff to 12V does anything.

@jokiin @BlackboxMyCar It is set to 12V (and infinity for timer). In days that are not too cold, after a 20 min drive w/o android auto use, parking mode typically lasts between 5-8 hrs (and sometimes more).

maybe get your battery and charging system checked, I don't know how Android Auto could have any impact on the result either way

It's difficult to understand how AA could affect the car's battery charging.
One method of analysis could be to connect a voltmeter to the battery in such a way as it can be read whilst driving to see if there is any difference in battery voltage whilst driving between AA running and AA not running.
I have one of THESE connected to the ignition switched supply.

I read voltage directly from the obd port in my car and no difference with AA running or not, must be more to it than just that

The 'suggestions' are the same, but the point of measuring the voltage is different but will produce the samec result.
Although I said 'connect.to the.battery', Mine is actually connected to the fuse panel to an ignition switched supply.

Back