Parking mode not working

Bananaman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can anyone help me? I got a A199 V3 and had my friend who is a mechanic help hardwire it in our 2015 Nissan qashqai. I bought the official hardwire cable. We have it all set up and it works (I think as it should) however the parking mode is not working. I have set the settings as suggested in the forum. I have tried to activate it multiple time by rocking the car. I have waited 10 minutes then shook the car and then again 30 minutes and once more an hour later waited 10 minutes and checked the footage but nothing on the card.

How do you know that it is entering parking mode? There are no lights on my camera once the car is off. We set the power cut off switch to 11.8v.

What can I check and is there any visual clues. Please help as I bought it for the parking mode primarily.

I'm no expert as I don't use PM, but, from what I've read ....

Do you have the 3 wire hardwire kit. If so then check what voltage your battery goes to at idle.

The 3 wire kit is, apparently, 1 wire to ignition power, 1 to permanent power and an earth.

If you don't have any lights after the car shuts down, then it sounds like the camera is off. If you have set parking mode, then either your battery voltage drops below the set cutoff or the fuse you used for the red BATT wire is not live all the time.

You’ve not swapped the red and yellow wires over have you? Yellow goes to accessories which switches off with the ignition, red goes to a permanent live.

Thank you to everyone who commented.

We have now resolved it and it is working as it should.

Solution ?

The mechanic had a look at it after I said it was not working once the car was locked. He did whatever was needed and it now works. Sorry I cannot offer anymore on it.

Ah, one of those.

You need to watch the permanent power connections. Some cars, like my Civic, go into almost full shutdown mode when the doors are double locked so what seemed to be permanent power also gets shut down when the doors are deadlocked.

Back