Parking mode on Live Usb

Tornade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone! Just received my A119 V3 and was looking for more installation info. I own a Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid. My front usb is always on even when the car is off. I'm not worrying to empty my 12 v because when the car detect 12 v under voltage, big battery kicks in for charging 12v. My question is will parking mode gonna work that way or i absolutely need to hardwired with HK3Acc to use parking mode? If not, what's the best way to manage the dash cam with a "always on" mode

Thank you all for any tips

It should enter parking mode after 3 minutes of no movement, and leave after you start driving.

(Not quite sure what the rules actually are with the current version, and it might depend on if you have GPS.)

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that as long as you plug it directly into the A119v3 directly, and not into the GPS unit, that it should accept parking mode when turned on. This was one of the reasons I purchased it - option to do USB parking mode without a hardwire kit to avoid potential electrical problems. Sorry I don't use the GPS module or parking mode so haven't tested this personally yet as still undecided whether to power via inline voltage cutoff or external battery for us ICE folks.

Last edited:
The big ? is are your USB port strong enough to carry a dashcam, that is far from the case with all new cars.
One thing is for sure any irregularities / strange behavior and you better try out the camera on a proper power source before you start asking questions.

The big ? is are your USB port strong enough to carry a dashcam, that is far from the case with all new cars.
That's not as much the case as it used to be. My last 2 new vehicles had 2.4A USB charging ports that ran my dual channel SG cameras just fine. The only 'glitch' in one of them was the power would drop and come back on when I opened the power rear hatch (even with the engine running :confused: ). I agree with the recommendation that if using USB power and something strange happens check the camera operation with the normal power supply before crying wolf.

One thing is for sure any irregularities / strange behavior and you better try out the camera on a proper power source before you start asking questions.

I didn't check very carefully but I only saw pretty low amp in steady state, maybe higher on boot without the GPS unit. Parking mode is even much lower. I suppose you could get really unlucky with GPS on full power and a power hungry sdcard with an inefficient memory controller ...

All right! Thanks for the reply guys! I made some test in the last few days and notice that my usb has enough power for parking mode but after 20 minutes it goes off... Until i opened a door... So i ordered the hard wire kit and by the times it comes i'll use an external power pack battery...

An interesting experiment would be to dual power your unit via the GPS module and the main unit - with main unit via external battery, and GPS via car/ignition. Ideal scenario is that external battery isnt used when ignition is on. I will contribute $5 for R&D if your cam blows up. Otherwise its easy to use a USB power splitter that prioritizes one power source over another live power source.

That's not as much the case as it used to be

Well about time, those old outlets have to be some joke from the car makers cuz a dashcam dont use much power, so i can only imagine charging anything on such a port must have been a all day effort.
Where as my phone charge pretty fast on my after market ports, and it is not even using the quick charge 3.0 it is capable off, just plain old 5V USB

Back