Parking mode only record when hit.

Hi all !
Just received an A129 Duo.
If I understand it correctly :
- In Auto Event Detection mode, G-sensor is not working
- In Low Bitrate mode, G-sensor is working. In this mode, does the G-sensor lock the file and also switch to normal recording rate ?

Hi all !
Just received an A129 Duo.
If I understand it correctly :
- In Auto Event Detection mode, G-sensor is not working
- In Low Bitrate mode, G-sensor is working. In this mode, does the G-sensor lock the file and also switch to normal recording rate ?

If hardwired, you get low bitrate parking mode. You can set the G Sensor to High Sensitivity, Medium, or Low. So if there's some sort of impact, it'll preserve that file.

Just tried the Low Bitrate mode, in fact it locks the file but no other action.
The file lengh is 30 minutes at low bitrate.
Auto Event mode would give better results if it can work with no issue and create an event file when G-sensor is trigerred.

Just tried the Low Bitrate mode, in fact it locks the file but no other action.
The file lengh is 30 minutes at low bitrate.
Auto Event mode would give better results if it can work with no issue and create an event file when G-sensor is trigerred.

You need to enable loop record. It can be set to 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes. I generally prefer 3 or 5 minute files. Loop record, per its name, segments the file into smaller sizes for easier viewing. Also, if there's some sort of glitch, you lose just that file versus one long and large file.

You need to enable loop record. It can be set to 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes. I generally prefer 3 or 5 minute files. Loop record, per its name, segments the file into smaller sizes for easier viewing. Also, if there's some sort of glitch, you lose just that file versus one long and large file.
Depending on firmware version, Low Bitrate parking mode with create 30 minute long files on the A129, no matter what looping is set to.

Depending on firmware version, Low Bitrate parking mode with create 30 minute long files on the A129, no matter what looping is set to.

Is that a bug in one of the firmwares? I've run Firmware Version 1.5 for ages never noticed the problem. I tested a few others (finding 1.5 the most stable) and never noticed 30 minute files.

Is this an issue to a specific firmware or something enabled (by mistake?) in the newest firmware?

Is that a bug in one of the firmwares? I've run Firmware Version 1.5 for ages never noticed the problem. I tested a few others (finding 1.5 the most stable) and never noticed 30 minute files.

Is this an issue to a specific firmware or something enabled (by mistake?) in the newest firmware?
Not a bug. It was introduced in later firmware to help with file management.

Not a bug. It was introduced in later firmware to help with file management.

Why would anyone ever want 30 minute file lengths? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Larger the files, more chance of corruption. If something happens on say 1, 3, or 5 minute loops, you haven't lost everything. Not sure what the rationale would be behind 30 minute files, as file management (less files) doesn't offer any real benefit

Last edited:
I'm running V2.2

I'm running V2.2

Ask most people here, and you'll get the response that version 1.5 is the most stable. None the less, I recommend against 30 minute files for the reasons above. If you ever have an issue with a bad sector or a glitch, you're losing a 30 minute long recording instead of a 1, 3, or 5 minute recording if you use loop. The larger the file, the more chance that it could become corrupt.

My 2 cents for what that's worth.

Is the 1.5 version also stable for working in Auto Event Parking mode ?

You read my mind ;)

V1.5 does not have buffered parking mode if that's what your looking for.

Irrelevant though. Buffered parking mode is only useful with Motion Detection. A very unreliable means of capturing footage. Relying upon the camera being activated through motion triggering or there being an impact, where the camera then saves X seconds of footage before the incident.

If the camera is hardwired and using low bitrate parking mode, buffered parking mode isn't necessary. And low bitrate parking mode offers 100% guarantee that all incidences are captured, since live recording at lesser quality is taking place in real time. Quality sufficient for low action like a parking lot or people walking by.

And yes, 1.5 is VERY STABLE on low bitrate parking mode and normal recording.

Last edited:
Back