Parking mode options - V2.0 Firmware

tx4q5nfevh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently upgraded both my A119v3 cameras to the new V2.0 firmware.

I have noticed some new options in regard to parking mode, but can find no description of their function, and wondered if anyone could confirm my assumptions:
a) >>Enter Parking Mode Timer: Delay to enter parking mode from normal recording mode when ACC power is stopped?
b) >>Parking Recording Timer: Maximum duration camera will record in parking mode before turning itself off?

I run my cameras off an auxiliary battery in low bit rate mode for parking, and as such want the camera to record until the battery is flat, which is more than 24 hours. In regard to b) above, I have noticed that the cameras now stop recording after 24 hours (the option set in Parking Recording Timer, the only other being 12 hour). I can see no option to turn this setting off, and have the camera record in parking mode until the battery is flat. Have I missed/misunderstood something here, or is there a way to get the behaviour desired under firmware 2.0, and if not is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

Thanks

The options seem to self explanatory based upon their names so I’d guess that you’ve guessed right.

The options seem to self explanatory based upon their names so I’d guess that you’ve guessed right.
This is very true, although based on my own idiocy and things not always being what they seem I thought I would check. Thanks for confirming. :)

Once in the parking mode timer option, press the ^ button and you’ll get more options. Selecting ON should allow you to run parking mode until you run out of power.
I feel a bit silly now, I did not scroll up for more options initially. I just went and had a look, and there are tons more options including "ON" as you stated. This is now selected and should hopefully solve the problem. Thanks for solving my issue and humouring my poor observations. :giggle:

Hello,

I recently upgraded both my A119v3 cameras to the new V2.0 firmware.

I have noticed some new options in regard to parking mode, but can find no description of their function, and wondered if anyone could confirm my assumptions:
a) >>Enter Parking Mode Timer: Delay to enter parking mode from normal recording mode when ACC power is stopped?
b) >>Parking Recording Timer: Maximum duration camera will record in parking mode before turning itself off?

I run my cameras off an auxiliary battery in low bit rate mode for parking, and as such want the camera to record until the battery is flat, which is more than 24 hours. In regard to b) above, I have noticed that the cameras now stop recording after 24 hours (the option set in Parking Recording Timer, the only other being 12 hour). I can see no option to turn this setting off, and have the camera record in parking mode until the battery is flat. Have I missed/misunderstood something here, or is there a way to get the behaviour desired under firmware 2.0, and if not is there a way to revert back to the previous version?

Thanks
you can actually add a small solar panel to your car and leave it on for days small 10 watts panel

I had left mine on recording 24/7 for 5 days with no issue i have a AGM battery btw with a 5 year warranty

you can actually add a small solar panel to your car and leave it on for days small 10 watts panel

I had left mine on recording 24/7 for 5 days with no issue i have a AGM battery btw with a 5 year warranty
Interesting .Just to clarify my understanding, do you use the solar panel to charge your AGM battery or to power the dashcam directly?

Interesting .Just to clarify my understanding, do you use the solar panel to charge your AGM battery or to power the dashcam directly?
no i don't Not worried about it going flat my SUV is a hybrid the SUV is started directly from the High voltage battery pack
the 12v battery is just to run the standard 12volt electronics..
I have remote start I can just start it from my bedroom

Me, I installed a switch on the red wire of the battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    348.9 KB · Views: 24
Back