Parking mode power supply.

sjb993

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a Garmin Parking Mode supply for my Garmin dashcam. The wire labelled BATT has an inline fuse, whereas the ACC wire doesn't have a fuse. Does anyone know the ACC wire doesn't have a fuse?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Just bought a Garmin Parking Mode supply for my Garmin dashcam. The wire labelled BATT has an inline fuse, whereas the ACC wire doesn't have a fuse. Does anyone know the ACC wire doesn't have a fuse?

Many thanks,

Steve.
It's probably assumed that the battery cable will go direct to the battery and therefore needs a fuse. The ACC wire will be run to the fuse box with a fuse tap or connected to an ACC fuse in some other way.

Thanks for your response.

I'll be tapping into the fuse box for both supplies. The ACC wire has an inline fuse already in it - I think, just to be on the safe side, I'll add an inline fuse into the BATT wire.

Thought you said the battery wire had the inline fuse and the ACC wire didn't?

Thought you said the battery wire had the inline fuse and the ACC wire didn't?
You are correct. I got them the wrong way round iny second email - my mistake. Either way, I want a fuse in both wires.

You are correct. I got them the wrong way round iny second email - my mistake. Either way, I want a fuse in both wires.
If your using fuse tapes, then they will already be fused.

If your using fuse tapes, then they will already be fused.
I am tapping from the fuse box. I know some "piggy- back" taps can accommodate a second fuse for the tap. I have got the type which is a replacement fuse with a breakout wire connected to one end. I'll be sure to make sure the breakout wire is on the source side of the fuse and not the load side. That way the parking mode power supplys can both be protected by 2A fuses in the inline fuse holders.

Back