Parking Mode Problem

This 200 to 300 euro spend on this kit is getting old quick!

I got home about 16.20, you will see that the files then change from 3 min long to the usual fault 3 then 1.28

Thats my unpaid work for Nextbase done, im fed up being the "guinea pig" for a new product, time for support to really kick in and get this sorted.

Thanks again ( before I go ape**** on this )
Pat.

Last edited:
So Millie,
Whats my next move?
Thanks for trying,
its not your fault.
Pat.

Is the camera on the latest update?
And does it still do it if it's not connected to a power supply, and just operating off the battery inside the camera?
It's a strange one indeed.
Only other thing is to replace the SD card, apart from that, it would seem you have done lots.

Im holding out on replacing the sdcard as I was told / informed by all nextbase advertisements that the Nextbase card was the one to go for, so I did.
My next complaint will be lack of viewing capability on Mynextbaseplayer on a Gaming capable pc.

But im not confusing this thread with that complaint just yet!

Hi Pat,

So just to summarise; when you completed my indoor test it worked perfectly? But the original fault still persisted once you powered the Dash Cam via the following sources; car permanent live, cigarette socket permanent live, permanent live single isolated car battery and a permanent live power bank?

You say you purchased a Nextbase SD card. Was it one of our U3 range 32GB & above?

Is the Camera on the latest update?

Does the fault still persist when you set the recordings to 1 or 2 minute intervals?

Regards,
Millie

Your summary is correct, I have to drive the camera for a while before it faults, my usual journey to and from work is approx 35 min.
Pictures will follow of the nextbase card, I just asked Halfords for the correct one for this camera I didnt look at the specs.
Camera is on 16.3 Firmware.
I havent tried smaller size recordings but will do if it helps you.
Pat.

Problem still exists on 1 min and 2 min recording settings.
Any answers?

Problem still exists on 1 min and 2 min recording settings.
Any answers?

Pat,

I feel your pain, having had the same issues on my 522GW with rear view camera, Parking mode is recording files every 5 mins when stationary. The camera has a constant low battery warning despite being hardwired to a permanent live. I've tried all manner of settings and nothing seems to work.

I have had the both cameras replaced, the memory card and the hardwire kit, but the issue persists in two different vehicles, so I am now satisfied that it is in fact the product that is poor. Nextbase have good customer service, but it's a shame that the product doesn't meet the same standard.

Often the camera would stop recording for no particular reason for 10 seconds and then reboot and start recording again and on on occasion it missed an incident. My daily commute is 30 miles each way taking approx an hour and on average it cuts out and restarts around 10 ten times!

The app connects periodically and then when you view a file it loses connection and you have to go through the whole pairing process again, which is hit and miss.

The Alexa integration is useless, and after having parking mode issues with my 412GW and now this with my 522GW I am now fed up with having to worry about whether my camera is working. As you said, it should be a plug and play situation where you forget it is even there unless you need it.

I'm now stuck with a camera I do not want which was not cheap!

I am in the process of writing a review and posting it on YouTube as I have found many of the reviews do not mention these issues which need to be known by the public.

Hi @PatB,

Thanks for your updates. I've talked to our Team about the issue that you've experienced and heard their opinions. You've explained the fault thoroughly and how the fault occur on multiple Dash Cameras. You've tried my indoor test and the Dash Cam worked perfectly. Due to this we are certain that there is not a fault with the Dash Cam itself or the previous model, but the configuration of the Hard Wire Kit and the modifications to the vehicle's electrics that you've performed. Without having your vehicle right in front of us to see where the issue is occurring, it's impossible for us to tell you when the fault is occurring within the Hard Wire set-up. If you can provide photos of the set-up, we may be able to diagnose the issue, but we think it may be due to either excessive power or an unstable power source. We'd like to help you get this up and running correctly as you've invested so much time and money in all the correct items (such as SD card) and narrowed down the fault paths, but we do not know where the fault is currently occurring with the power source.

Hi @dangerousdriver77,

It does sound like you're having a similar issue with your Hard Wire Kit fitting. I'd recommend making sure you have a suitable High Endurance U3 SD card.
I'd also recommend performing the same indoor test as I recommend previously;
1)Take the Camera and the Mount inside
2)Using external power from a mains plug, power the Dash Cam in through the mount.
3)Leave it for 2-3 hours with Parking Mode off to make sure the battery is charged.
4)Turn ON Parking Mode, then leave the camera alone and monitor how long it takes to deactivate.
5a) Then see WITHOUT ANY EXTERNAL MOVEMENT whether the camera reactivates by itself within 10 minutes
5b) Or whether you need to move the camera for it to turn on (Parking Mode activating) after 10 minutes.

If you then review the clips like you have above, that should help diagnose the issue.

I'm very sorry that you're experiencing these problem and would like to help you identify and rectify the issue.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Was this problem ever resolved? After 5 months of perfect operation, my 522GW just randomly started doing the same thing a few days ago.

I did bought the nextbase 522gw few weeks ago and had the same problem with parking mode being triggered all the time. Around 1 min protected file, then ~4x 1min video over and over again. Sometimes the cam gave up and froze after usually 24-36h. I expect overheating (btw check the manual where it states that maximum operational temp for this dash cam is 45 Celsius degrees!). I did tried different SD cards (all spec above whats required), tested them on write and read. All 75mb/s write and 100+ read, no corrupted segments (do not believe what packing says, test yours cards to be sure). I did format them using the software recommended by nexbase.

Seems like the problem is sorted in my case. I had dash cam hard fixed at the very top of the windshield (sticker mount). I think the g sensor is very sensitive for any kind of vibration and hard fix transfers all those into the cam. In my case problem sorted itself by changing sticker mount to suction. With suction mount the cam is on a small plastic arm and the suction itself takes some of those vibrations out, as well it was not fixed on the very top and the cables to rear cam and power had a bit more room.

With the suction mount it will trigger the cam if I will knock on windshield or bodywork, but seems less sensitive (more reasonably) that sticker mount.

At least that is my theory. I have tried different fuses taps and cigarette power and nothing seems to work. Tested cam at home and it did work fine. I did consider voltage fluctuation and run through different fuse taps with no big difference (only considered fully live). With the suction mount all gone instantly and so far 4-5 days I have just few protected files when I get in car.

I will monitor and update if that will change, but I really do hope its sorted.

Its a bit crazy and the cam is definitely not plug and play.

So cam was working fine for 2 weeks. Yesterday I decided to move it slightly behind mirror a few cm and the problem came back. I made sure all cables and connections are good, fixed them with stick mount and zip tie. Will check in a bit how that is going.

Back